Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tuesday Musings

I could title this "Tuesday Talk", but I still like Musings.  And musing.

I would have blogged yesterday, but the day got away from me.  Then when I was thinking I could sit down and let the fingers do the talking, the internet went down.  It wasn't just us.  It was a full-blown outage in the area.  Someone said it was due to Cyber Monday.  But the MYP panicked.  It's amazing how reliant they are for the internet for on-line homework.

I'm in the middle of a wallpaper removal project.  No job is as frustrating and oddly satisfying as peeling wallpaper.  It helps if you don't like the wallpaper you are pulling down.  It keeps you motivated.  I "Googled" ways to remove it and the best one I found was with a half/half mixture of fabric softener and water sprayed on.  It's working and I smell "downy fresh".  Ha.  The wallpaper installer must have had a wry sense of humor.  It was super, super hard to remove the paper behind the toilet due to extra paste.  But please.  If you are every planning to sell your home in the future, do the next homeowners a favor and not install wallpaper.

Speaking of home projects.  Our furnace was hesitant to turn on this week.  I was thinking I'd have to install a new thermostat, but I took ours apart and cleaned contact point and voila!  It works again.


I have to cook venison.  Actually, son #1 says he'd like to do the cooking.  I have no problems cooking chicken, beef, pork, turkey, salmon,  shrimp, or what-not.  Venison?  Not one lick of experience.

So the cat nearly got skinned alive this week.  Not by another animal, but by the Chairman.  He likes Simba.  He'll even stop to scritch him under the chin when he walks by.  But the cat walks on our vehicles in the garage.  And it has tested every fiber of his patience.  We just ordered a little 'shocking mat' that seems to take care of the issue.  If you see our cat with curly hair, you might want to let me know to turn the power down a level on the 'shocking mat'.

And in case you think it's all raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens around here... I'll just tell you about the other night.  We had a lovely Sunday and that evening two of the MYP said they'd come walking with me.  It started out nice.  We were admiring some of the neighbors holiday lights.  Then an accusation happened.  It was retaliated.  Things got heated and soon both were in tears and I was chewing them both out for rotten behavior.  It was one of those precious moments parents don't remember once their children all move out of the house.  I probably will too.  But it was almost laughable how fast it turned from a very good experience to very bad.

Well this is enough for now.  I would like to say I'm half-way done on the paper peeling project before the family returns home.

Hope your week is going well!

these two...

I know I'm biased, but they are so cute together

fresh wheat delivery means...
it smells delicious in here

looks fun doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being part of a shockingly small minority of people who can actually spell the word 'voila'. It makes my day sunnier to know there are still a few people out there who can!

    ReplyDelete