* Just a couple photos from the past weekend. We loved having LEP here! She came and just followed me around for three days. I think she'll enjoy her quiet apt. back in the south very much. She was a great help in helping me do a top coat on the basement wood. Thank you L! She' my youngest niece. A delight. I loved her fiery temper as a little kid. Pouty if you will. Would get mad at big brother and kick her shoes off and march off down the hall. I was amused and slightly put off that maybe my sister should come down with some stern discipline. And now I have a daughter who gets irritated at her big brother and pouts and storms off and I feel I'm eating my just dessert. I take courage in the fact the big one has turned out so nicely.
* We have tadpoles. Lots of them. Too many. And they're getting frisky in the bowl. No legs yet. But the tails are becoming more defined. I tried to take a picture but it is
completely nearly impossible.
* I feel a twinge of guilt. After g.m. today I was talking to someone and they were saying how great they felt when summer hit. They had their kids with them 24/7. They could stay up late and sleep in. Just aimless summer days. I'm looking forward it with
lots of fear great anticipation with a touch of worry. You see someone in this family loves to be entertained. Told what to do. Wanders mindlessly if there isn't a plan. An agenda. Some thought of going somewhere or someone coming over. For that certain person it is hard just to 'be'. Then the crabbies start. But it'll be good too. I think. I hope I can get a blasted moment of silence once in awhile.
* I have a sore foot. I've limped a lot today. I "googled" it. Plantar fasciitis they call it. And wowser it hurts. I strained it trying to outrun a guy about 20 years my junior last week in sandals. I was a bit put off when the description said it is common 'for those in middle-age' to get it. Oh help. But I am. Cough. Yikes.
* My window boxes are starting to show color! I love them. When they get full and lush and a bit prettier to brag about, I might post a picture. They look cute on the Cape Cod front of our house. Cozy!
* Our basement project is almost done. Just carpet on Tuesday and a few minor things that I hope our kind carpenter doesn't forget to return to do.
* Two weeks until Lisi's big test. I'm already nervous. I haven't been working with her
at all much. We'll cram a bit in the morning before we go in.
* I'm starting to even bore myself. When I see on the map how far away people come from to read this it is almost embarrassing. Sorry folks...