Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hot Pursuit

Yep.  She spoke too soon.  I will admit.  I read the blog.  Don't you think my stories are funny? Well I love seeing what the Big Lady writes.  And I'm sure she enjoys reading what I write.  I hope so anyway because I've figured out how to get on here again.  Do you faithful readers remember that "Lisi was behaving and so there were no stories to tell?".  Well HA on her!  

Today was a special day.  The little people that make huge messes and the guy the Big Lady refers to as the Chairman on here were all aflutter this morning.  They kept making a fuss over the Big Lady.  I saw gifts.  Cards.  Even the absence of fighting with the little snot-nosed ones. And the Big Lady was just in a happy, almost thankful mood.  And today they were dog sitting! You see some very kind people that live nearby come and get me out of my prison when my people are gone for a long time.  And so today they were helping the helpful people by letting their dog out.  Oliver is a golden like me with very long legs and he can actually outrun me.  So the Chairman and Big Lady take me with them and we go let Oliver out.  We wrestle and cavort and carry on in true doggy fashion and then we head for this huge open field on a walk.  Wow what a day.  Perfect weather in my eyes... 50 degrees.  A friend.  My two favorite people.  And an open field that has gophers, a swamp, even some icky frogs.  We had a blast racing around.  And then I saw them.  People.  Across the way in their yard.  Throwing a ball.  I wagged my tail and heard (I'll say faintly) the big lady say, "Lisi No!" (you see I wasn't on that nasty leash).  I wasn't going to go but then I saw something.  Small.  Furry.  Tail twitching.  Could it be?  Was it?  You've got to be kidding!  A CAT!  A real cat.  Outside in the elements.  Enjoying the outdoors.  And wanting a good chase I'm sure.  And so I ran.  Foolishly mind you.  The Big Lady was a hollarin'.  The Chairman did a big whistle.  But I was after a big ol' gray cat.  I rushed up to the people.  The lady screamed.  One of the boys grabbed the cat.  The man stood there in disbelief.  Then!  The cat jumped down.  It had a HUGE back like it needed chiro work.  The tail was unbelievably big.  The sounds coming from it sounded like a hissing snake.  I crawled sideways up to it wanting to be a friend.  The cat didn't need a friend like me it seemed.  And so I turned around and made sure the people liked me.  And then there he was.  Huffing and a puffing.  And he had my leash.  The Chairman wasn't impressed.  He gave heartfelt apologies.  Made some small talk about yards and baseball and such and then as he got back to the Big Lady (that quit yelling at this point), he said, 'well she just failed the Canine Good Citizen test just now.  And the Big Lady muttered something to the effect that there needs to be a lot more work done.  Oh good grief.  I'm a dog.  I chase things.  Especially cats.  And believe you me, I doubt they have a cat running across the room when I'm being tested.  How great would that be!  

And so...here it is.  Another episode from me... Lisi!  I hope the Big Lady isn't too disappointed that she spoke too soon.  

3 comments:

  1. ahh- Lisi- I hope that in all that training they don't 'good citizen' all the dog right out of you! Happy cat chasing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisi, you never disappoint. Happy Belated Mother's Day, by the way, Big Lady! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you ol hank the cow dog, you, Lisi! thanks for the MOnday chuckle. you rock. you can come be my dog any day that Big lady there says you can.

    ReplyDelete