Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday

* I'm still staining.  And boys-oh-howdy I'll be glad when it's done.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel (I hope it isn't a train coming).  But!  It is pretty and will be worth it.  (the Chairman though is slightly troubled about a couple of drip spots he found on the doors...)  And the Chairman is most appreciative of my diligent efforts.  

* If Spring isn't your favorite season, what possibly could it be?  I LOVE spring.  Yesterday and today are perfect.  Sun.  Light breeze.  Ideal temperature hovering about 73 1/2.  Ahhhh.  

* I can't lose my extra poundage.  I referred to it over a week ago.  I've been a bit more diligent with watching my intake and exercise.  Then in the morning I run to the bathroom and shed every article of clothing I have on, even spitting in the sink for a good measure (well not quite) I get on the scale and... (sigh).  I think it has to do with 44.  I refuse to give up though.

* I did the hardest (5 dark stars mind you) sudoku today.  It was that or staining... 

* I had my Mom's Muffin Day with Trevor.  It was so sweet.  A snack (why yes it was muffins), a little reading from each child on why they love their mom (insert bleary-eyed Linda here), and then we decorated a flower pot together.  He let me hug him, but no kisses in front of the 'guys'.  

* I wish Lisi had a story.  No actually, I'm glad she's been behaving herself.  But it would be fun to type one up again.  And for goodness sake, I couldn't write fiction... or could I?

* Soon the baseball games start.  I can't wait.  I think I like it more than T.  But maybe not.  

* There are five (count 'em), five different people from our area getting married this summer/fall.  Must be the water.  

* Yesterday was the funeral of someone I know that died.  She was barely middle aged.  Another one that succumbed to cancer.  I couldn't stop thinking of her family and dear friends yesterday. She meant so much to so many.  And that is part of the reason I wrote my birthday post. Because I'm still in time.  My sister-in-law left us at 44.  This whole year will be very special to me just for that reason.

* Now back to the boards I go...  


6 comments:

  1. I can't lose my "extra" either, and I'm afraid I'm adding some besides! I'm beginning to think that I need to make myself do the same amount of time exercising as I do sitting at the computer....
    I'm wondering if you were referring to N.F. yesterday's funeral? her family is from here, known them all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's time to just chuck the scale..it's a waste of time..standing on it that is...you look marvelous...you eat well, exercise well, work well..what's the use of the scale? just my 2 cents worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter is tough! I saw someone take it to a scale the other day...looked tempting. I had to laugh when my hubby got on the scale the other morning, groaned and then said, "I should of waited to put my deorant on, that has to be the reason I gained 2 pounds overnight." Wish is was that simple. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ethel on the scale issue. Forget it- you have a general idea anyway of how you're doing... ;)

    so now I'm curious about the funeral and weddings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even have a working scale anymore, but it's bad enough that I can tell without one...My clothes are not fitting, and that's a BIG clue! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hang around friends that are bigger than you are; they won't notice 5 lbs. You are the only one that really cares, anyway. Ethel has it right on... but stand up straight, hold your tummy in, and smile.. you'll instantly look thinner, taller, and people will smile back.

    ReplyDelete