Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday Musings

I did it!  Two Mondays in a row that I Muse!  Pat on the back for the Chairman's wife!

So a big, heavy whew.  You see four of my sweet family members all have birthdays within three weeks of each other.  With birthdays come the need for buying presents, cooking and serving favorite foods.  Inviting friends and family over to share in the celebrations.  And one tired mom.  I'm thankful this year more than ever for Amazon.  I'm thankful for simple meals.  And I'm thankful the birthdays are now behind us!  Back to normal living whatever that is!

The recovering foot-surgery patient is making strides.  Last week was two steps forward and one step back.  After a partial stitch removal on both feet and re-dressing, the pain level was off the charts for an afternoon.  It was honestly my hardest parenting day ever (and that says a lot considering the MYP all came within two years and I was taking care of basically three babies at once).  I couldn't stop the pain for her for a few hours.  It was horrible.  Thankfully, a call to the doctor on after-hours call duty helped me.  And so did the medicine once it kicked in.

Since we've had a wheelchair patient here, I've come to appreciate the American Disabilities Act.  I've come to appreciate ramps and buttons to push doors open and friendly folks that are willing to help hold doors that don't have buttons.  Perspective truly changes when you are walking in a different pair of shoes.

The Japanese beetles are back.  I wish they would have stayed in Japan.

Son #1 walked up to me in the kitchen the other day and said, 'you're getting shorter again'.  Um.  I don't think the osteoporosis sets in that strong at 51.  I have a hunch he's still getting taller.

Lisi went to the 4th parade and quickly made a new friend.  She also was most pleased they threw out dog treats to the crowd and not just candy.

waiting for fireworks
First thing on agenda?  Shopping of course.
This was my view for days last week.  Poor sweetie.
Awe.  Amazing how young people grow in just a few years.
new hat from big bro

birthday wakeboarding

I love her more today than I did that day in China.  And that's saying a lot.

Gift card from big bro

awkward glowing family selfie

festivities with friends

family minus big bro

friends!
Better get going with life again!  I'll leave you with these.


1 comment:

  1. Perspective truly changes when you are walking in a different pair of shoes. Yep. I like that.

    ReplyDelete