Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday Words

Well here I sit killing time at a car dealership waiting for an oil change to be done.  I’ll redeem the time by blogging!  The receptionist keeps sneezing so I think I’ll switch seats.  Hold on.  😷

So have you ever considered how many times you repeatedly do things?  I realize some are (or should be) daily.  Then there’s the mundane.  I was walking the other day and wondered how many  walks Lisi and I have taken together.  I think it’s roughly 3,560 give or take a few.  No wonder she’s so predictable when when we go.  And no wonder my body just knows it’s time to go each day.  

Another is unloading the dishwasher.  It seems to always need unloading.  Thank goodness I have help.  I do have a spoon with some stuck on stuff and I keep leaving it in hoping one of these times it gets clean.  It’s been a week now.  I’m ambitious like that.

I pack lunches every day for the MYP.  I love the random texts that say “thanks for my lunch!”.  It makes it worth the effort.  I do enjoy putting in random things or lots and lots of something to get a text that asks if I’ve lost my marbles.  Some moms put in love notes. I put in random things to get a hilarious text later.

I don’t like middle age because I am constantly needing my reading glasses.  I have four pair and it still isn’t enough because all four end up in the same room and I’m squinting in the kitchen trying to read a recipe.  

We had our semi-annual visit with some special ladies this past week.  The first time they come for the year I’m always wound up wanting it to be really nice.  Well as they were walking up the sidewalk I opened a kitchen cupboard and the butter dish came crashing down and broke into 1000’s of pieces all over the counters, floor, you name it.  That was surely an ice butter dish breaker!

Can I toot our son’s horn?  He’s so well rounded.  He fishes and golfs and guts deer he shoots.  He is kind to the littlest kids and the elderly and runs chainsaws to bring down large trees.  He cooks and bakes and comes up with clever ideas to decorate little centerpieces with twine.  I love our visits and the fact a 17-year old guy still sends me funny memes and throws me onto the sofa when I’m sassy.  His creative and caring mind is all him.  We’ve had little to do with it.  And we are again thankful he’s ours.

The Chairman and I “floated” last week.  It’s a zen-like place where you go into this little pod and lie there in a water solution with approximately 900 pounds of Epsom salts.  You then float in perfect temperatures and a darkness level you choose and soak your cares away.  I’m a bit ADHD and thought after a few minutes it was dumb and I wanted out.  Then I relaxed and time stood still and I couldn’t really feel my limbs and then suddenly it was over.  When I met up with the Chairman to see how his soak went he was all enthusiastic.  I still think massages are better.

Well hopefully I’m out of this waiting room soon.  I just heard the sneezing receptionist nonchalantly say that the reason “John” is going to be late is because he’s caught up in traffic as a pedestrian just died where “John” was driving.  Life is fragile.  

Happy week ahead! I’ll post some pictures once I get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment