Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thoughts on a Thursday

Bonus muse week!  I hope you're as excited as I am!

Have you seen the sunsets lately?  I'm guessing you have since that is what's been on my Instagram feeder.  I've lived 52 years and six months and I think the sunsets of late have been some of the prettiest I've ever seen.  And yes, I took pictures of them too and they never look as pretty as the naked eye.

I haven't checked much about the locations or quantity of peeps looking at this monotonous blog lately.  I did though yesterday and saw that there were readers hopping in from Canada (has winter hit there yet?), Cambodia (wow!), Italy (the Chairman's ancestors!), Sweden (my ancestors!), France (shouldn't they be eating crépes?) Norway (more of my relatives!), and Brazil (that's one huge country!).  I love to see that not because I think for one nano-second that I'm popular.  I love to see that because we all are struggling through life together no matter where we are living.

Remember when I said I love teens?  HAHAHA!  I do.  I really do.  But some days I'm about ready to throw in the proverbial towel.  No not really.  That was too dramatic.

What was dramatic though was a set of missing keys - well actually two sets of missing keys.  One has been missing for a few weeks.  The other was missing for just an hour until they couldn't be located and I was reduced to tipping over sofas, crawling on my hands and knees looking at all the dust bunnies that have accumulated under some large pieces of furniture and digging through some rancid garbage "just in case".  As moms do best, I found not one but both sets of keys after a few hours of looking.  Made me think of the woman sweeping the house for the lost coin.  Now we are back to the house rules of hanging the keys on the hooks the moment you walk in the door.  Whew.

We went to the annual check with our allergy doctor.  Have I told you how much I like him?  Well I do.  He saw our son when he was in horrible respiratory distress as a wee little boy and immediately knew it was serious.  He promised me that the breathing issues would get under control and he has done a marvelous work in prescribing what we need but not too much.  He also is wonderful in the fact he knows we pay for every medication out of our own back pocket and is always looking for a coupon or deal to help alleviate the $200/month cost of the medications.  Last year we got an entire year of medicine free.  This year he said it isn't so good.  I was thinking $100/month would be helpful.  No!  $10/month!  Have I said how much I like him?  Ok, never mind.

The other day I made a quick stop at Walgreen's.  Their slogan is they are at the "corner of happy and healthy".  Well the ones I was around were at the "corner of sad and surly".  Poor things.

So we are back to picking out senior pictures again!  I must say it really is neat seeing all these amazing pictures of someone you love. 

Happy rest of the week!  We may or may not see you on Monday.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could the colors of the sunrise (which is better than sunsets at my angle) to translate properly from the real thing to digital.

    ReplyDelete