Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some afterthoughts...

* Today I got an unexpected call and was expecting something wonderful to happen today. So I cleaned up the house, picked up all the extra papers that seem to accumulate even though I'm not a clutter-type person, got the kids all showered and fresh, and made shrimp fettuccine with the fixin's for the meal. And then the call came saying 'they' weren't coming. And I was slightly disappointed. Yet thankful 'they' were staying where they needed to be. And I had a lovely meal, clean kids, and a tidy house to show for my efforts. The Chairman was most pleased. :-)

* Today, I was able to watch the last swimming lesson of this session. Trevor is just awesome at diving. No fear. A high arc. And strong. Rayna is graceful. Pretty actually (I shouldn't be saying this as I'm the mother), and just charming while radiating happiness. Mira was grinning to me until she actually had to get in the water. For her swimming lessons would be a blast as long as she didn't have to get wet. Or have manly teachers.

* Speaking of which. I think I may have been profiled today at the swimming lessons. I watched lifeguard lady passing out little feedback sheets. She gave it to this mom, this mom, this dad, this mom, (skipped Grandma), and so forth and so on. And then she looked at me and passed me up! I'm wondering just for a split second and then I realize, she thinks I'm Grandma!!! Heavy sigh. I just might get a complex some day...

* Big brothers 'tooting' on little sister's bed made for a huge lack of quietness after our g.m. tonight. Heavy sigh.

* I'm sick of buying summer clothes and hardly having opportunity to wear them here in WI.

* Follow up on the skirt that I recently bought. I trudged into the aforementioned store. Laid it on the counter. Pleaded my stupidity. Showed proof of purchase and asked that the blasted irritating tag thingy be removed. She looked it over and said, 'oh you can't keep this skirt! It has a mark on it and a hole is started. Um. Yes it is. Did you see if there is another one over there in your size? No. You run along and see and we'll do an even exchange for your trouble. You've got to be kidding I'm thinking. Really? And so I do. And there is one of my size left! And!!! To make it like icing on the cake she puts the new one in my bag and says, 'let me give you this discount coupon for your trouble the next time you shop here'. I was/am baffled. I was the one that created the problem. And she gives me a brand-spankin' new skirt and a coupon for my trouble? How good is that!!

* But we're in the middle of my favorite time of the year. Lots of opportunities to be with friends/family, good weather (mostly), and having the kids around. Happy sigh.


2 comments:

  1. OOh, I like the happy sigh at the end! :) And the skirt deal! That's awesome! Worth at least 3 more happy sighs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always... loved reading your afterthoughts. Also made me happy to read about the skirt deal working out so nicely for you. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete