Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Musings

I don't really feel like musing much.  It's because it all seems so frivolous.  I'm sad.  For some people I know that lost someone too soon.  He was a young man.  In the prime of his life really.  And his heart gave out.  And now many hearts are broken.  And it makes me sad.  A lot of people know about him.  Are touched by this loss.  We all are sad.  Thinking of parents planning a funeral.  Siblings saying goodbye to a dear friend.  Yes, we're sad.  I remember when he was born.  He lived in my home town.  His parents, although older than I was by a few years were friends of mine.  I distinctly remember standing in a small living room rocking this little chubby dark-haired boy after he was born.  I loved to go to his parent's little place and hold this baby while his mommy worked.   He was an adorable little fellow.  And always had this little mischievous grin on his cute little face.  I wasn't around him much after those early years.  But then at another funeral a few years ago, he came up to me and wanted to be sure I knew who he was.  Well of course I did.  He looked exactly like he did when he was three. Same smile.  Same warm face.  So we're sad.  But thankful for the help his family can get from friends.  From family.  And from above.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know this young man, but read about him on several people's fb page. It is sad! I have a son that age, I can't imagine losing him!
    And we are thankful for a Heavenly Father who knows, understands, feels our loss-our pain, But knows the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This family's loss has been weighing heavy on our hearts the past few days too....doesn't seem right parents planning a child's funeral, thankful for the One that understands our losses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your sorrow. I don't know who you are referring to, but my heart can only imagine. As I type the line of Hymn 195 comes to mind, "There is healing for our sorrow, under Thy wings."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling it, too. Weighing heavy on my heart. And then another young couple lost a baby this morning. Makes the other routine things of life seem so meaningless and trivial. :(

    ReplyDelete