Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Musings

Well hello there Peeps!  I've been a bit preoccupied this Monday.  Hope my later schedule didn't totally ruin your day.  Lets see what happened since last Musings.

Corn.  Lots of it.  Like 20-dozen ears.  It was nice my parents brought the goods and even helped with the work!  It wasn't nice as they wandered away without cleaning my sticky kitchen floor.  Heh.

School registration (X3).  Long lines.  Big numbers to pay out.  And a slight-nervousness in the air as pictures taken and lockers found.  One of the MYP was the big fish in a small pond last year.  This year he's a small fish in a big pond.  I'm not worried.  The MYP nor I are counting the days til it starts.  It's been a great summer.  
We had friends gather around our "company" table yesterday.  As we were sitting there together visiting about life and people and important things beyond this life I was just filled with an inward happy-sigh.  It is so rewarding to share your food and home and life with others.  I guess that would be my happy place.

Cute dogs sometimes stink!  The Chairman kept glaring at the dog as she just was smelling more and more like a stinky dog.  Instead of spending $70 to get her bathed, I did it in the waning light last night.  One of the MYP wanted to take a picture.  Isn't she cute?  The dog I mean... Heh.  
Long-lost cousins!  

I never had a 1st cousin.  But I do have 2nd cousins!  One happened to be in town that I haven't seen in at least six years.  It was nice to get caught up on all our common relatives.  We met this morning with a few others over a 2,867 calorie breakfast.  It is seven hours later and I'm still not hungry.

I often read in different places about how people are the recipients of 'pay it forward' at the local coffee shop or drive-thru.  I'm still waiting for my happy surprise.

Did you know that black beans that have sat in the fridge too long smell just incredibly dreadful?  I'm hesitant to share something that happened this morning, yet it tickled my off-kilter funny bone.  I just dumped some incredibly dreadful beans in the garbage and put the container in the dishwasher and the Chairman just happened to be walking by.  All of the sudden he says, 'was that you????'.  Um.  No.  The beans.  Really!!!

Speaking of smelly things.  I feel I owe you all a PSA (public service announcement)  Do not, I repeat, not buy doggy-do-pickup bags from the dollar store.  I think if you read between the line you will know why.

Well this stooped very low this time.  Sorry this Musing isn't very helpful or encouraging.  Just a bit 'smelly' if you will.  I'll leave you with  this that amused me yesterday.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Your second cousins husband is our nephew. Does that make us related?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corn looks super!
    And the link made me grin. Some of them I'd seen before, some not. Some of them look downright creepy the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me laugh, but your link almost made me gag a time or two!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few good things about not being able to smell!

    ReplyDelete