Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Words on a Wednesday!

This is like a bonus feature this week!  Or an encore!  Or maybe a waste of your time.  I have some words rattling around in my head again.

This morning I took this picture.

Two loves of my life.  They are heading off to the salt mines again.  Or to downtown in this fine city.  You see daughter #2 has been hired by the Chairman's boss to organize their massive files that they do.  It is backlogged for nearly a year and so Ms. Organization is moving files into date order and typing up what each file consists of and who it was for and then labels are made and voila!  It goes into the storage freeing up space to walk in the office again.  It all sounds nice and wonderful.  Right?  Sorta.  You see I'm very happy that daughter #2 and the Chairman can ride to work and home together.  They have lunch together.  And she stops to ask him a question once in awhile.  And she's even getting paid!  But.. I miss her.  Guess it is prepping me for school days ahead.

Speaking of which.  I'm ok with the start of school next week.  One of our dear MYP needs activity and guidance and a job to do.  We've cleaned out deep recesses of the basement.  We've raked yards.  We've cut the grass more times than I can count.  We've gathered garden fare.  He needs a job.  And luckily, school fills that void.  And hopefully, next summer, he can join the workforce to keep his smart and active body occupied.  As excited as I am about school starting, I do feel like we are throwing the MYP into the 'middle of the Nile'.  That always makes me slightly queasy.

The orthodontist office called yesterday.  They suddenly needed to reschedule an appointment.  I felt slightly frustrated and was listing off reasons why alternative dates and times weren't very good for us.  Then there was a pause and the receptionist said, "do you know Dr. K. is going through chemo and that is why we are having all these changes?"  I told her I was sorry and that we would work to make the first date/time she suggested.  Then I picked up my fork and ate a bitter piece of humble pie.

I've been trying to 'whittle my middle' as one of our relatives says.  So that means an early morning walk besides the normal one later.  Poor Lisi is baffled and slightly reluctant to join me in the mornings.  She's a terrible creature of habit.  Probably all dogs are.  Today is garbage day and I did notice again that you can learn a lot from people's garbage.  There's the juice box/diaper crowd.  The healthy-granola cruncher couple.  And the couple sending their son off to college.  No, I wasn't dumpster diving.  I was looking at the recycle bins.  Less smelly that way.

Here's daughter #1.  She came to tuck me in last night.  I like how our roles reverse sometimes.

The rattles in my head are now gone.  And so must I be.  There's errands to run and laundry to switch and cinnamon rolls to bake.  Happy mid-week to you!

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting for school to start so you can come walk by the lake with me:)

    ReplyDelete