Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Musings

Well hello there!  Long time, no chat!  I had every good intention of having some 'Thursday Thoughts' last Thursday (I'm clever like that).  But alas!  Time and responsibility and ambition got away from me. Truthfully, you probably didn't miss much.  Except for some time wasted.

A little stats for you.  In the past 2.5 years, 100,242 have viewed the "Chairman and Co.".  That's kind of fascinating to me... Wow!  I would love to see the all-time number, but I would have to pay for that privilege, so no thanks.

Lets see.  Last week the MYP and I headed to a water park.  It was a bit smaller compared to some of the gigantic ones found here in Dairyland.  However, it exceeded expectations in that there were virtually no wait times for anything and this crazy-silly double racer thing that my slightly older sister urged me to do with her. It looked just plain frightening from the top.

We have a beloved, budding, boy-baker on our hands.  He was bored one afternoon last week and when I returned from my walk there were (from scratch!) chocolate-coffee cupcakes decorated with with peanut butter frosting!  I wonder why my waistbands are tighter these days.
Speaking of food.  Have you ever tried Talenti brand gelato in the sea salt caramel flavor?  If not, don't walk, but run to your nearest grocer that would carry it.

And by the way, have you noticed the price of butter?  We must eat too much of it because we go through a pound frequently.  And it is raising in price by the day.  Even in dairyland!  I wonder why my waistbands are tighter these days.

I spent some time helping the main school secretary last week one morning.  Then I brought home a little project of cutting out 6,000 squares.  I had a little help from the MYP and a not so much from the ones here with golden fur.  I still think they are cute though.

Yesterday, we went to the "Parade of Homes" nearby.  No, they didn't have homes on flatbeds going by throwing out Tootsie Rolls.  We paraded in and out of new models wearing cute little blue booties.  Our MYP love doing it for some reason.  I do too.  Except for the fact it makes our mostly nice home seem so... well... ordinary.  Ultra-traditional.  And missing some super-neat features they design into homes.  Oh well.  It's home.  On a side note, modern is more in than it used to be.  And we saw lots of grays.  And yellows.  And wallpaper!
Today, the Chairman is taking his daughter to work!  Yes we realize it isn't the 'take your daughter to work day' like there used to be.  But this daughter suggested getting paid for printing off labels and organizing files and somehow she schnoodled her father in thinking it was a great idea.  So off she will go for the day helping her dad and his co-workers.  I can't wait to hear about it later.

The other night one of the MYP had a loose tooth.  I LOVE pulling teeth.  It makes my hands twitch just wanting to grab hold of the loose one and just yank.  Well this daughter said I could feel how loose it was but do not pull it out.  I thought in the back of my head I would probably kinda check and mostly yank that puppy out despite her wishes.  Well just as I was about to she says to me, 'if you pull it out I will never-ever again trust you'. Wow.  Never be trusted or pull a tooth.  She won.  I didn't pull it.  But about 5 minutes later after my light was out and I was settling into slumber, the door bursts open and she yells, 'I GOT IT!!!'.  I have a hunch she will like yanking on her future children's teeth.

So!  I have a confession.  Did this seem just a bit off while you read it?  Hmmmm?  Well last night I sipped some coffee with the Chairman about 8:30 at night and lets just say I didn't look at the back of my eyelids until much later than I usually do.  So truthfully, these "Monday Musings" are "Sunday Satire"....  So sorry for misleading the masses.  

2 comments:

  1. Seriously ... wall paper? No thanks. And YES, about the price of butter. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- why would anyone go back to wallpaper?
    And I think we can further divide the world into these 2 groups: 1: People who like to pull teeth 2: People who don't like to pull teeth. Put me (shudder) in group 2!

    ReplyDelete