Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lonely "bonus Muse"


Lonely.  Well sorta and not really.  I didn't let you in on a secret yesterday when I blogged.  I was alone.  I didn't want to let anyone know because I didn't want the phone ringing off the hook with lunch dates and dinner invites.  Or not.

You see circumstances among the Chairman and Co. resulted in the MYP off on ventures and the Chairman working late hours due to a recent vacation caused me to have nearly two full days completely alone.  That is if you don't count a dog or cat or a fish.

One of the school moms recently told me that her husband took their three daughters and left on a driving trip sightseeing and camping for nearly three weeks.  She wasn't a camper so stayed home alone!  For nearly three weeks!  I'm stir-crazy after two days.

You see I have cleaned the house and done the laundry and changed the sheets and ironed the shirts and stocked the kitchen with groceries and weeded the garden and mowed the grass and so forth and then now what?  Yes, the MYP are growing before our eyes, but I have to admit, they still are my whole life.  I'm going to be a bit of a basket case once they start fledging from the nest.

I was single for 11 years and I have no recollection on what I did for meals.  Cooking for one isn't fun (rhyme was purely accidental).   However, I was at Aldi today and saw what one guy does for meals.  He was checking out in front of me and had four frozen chimichangas and a big ol' bottle of cheap wine.  I'm guessing the wine is to help him forget the cramps (or worse) that he soon will be experiencing after downing four chimichangas.

Lisi and I did a bit of a road trip today to a local lake for an extra walk.  She's enjoyed the view and the swim and I enjoyed her company.


So in an hour or so I will be surrounded by my family and by tomorrow evening all five of us will be back in the nest.  I'm glad our MYP haven't fledged yet.  But when they do, promise me to call up and ask me to join you for lunch.  I just might need the diversion to forget how much I miss them.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get things done when I'm all alone, and sometimes I knit all day. I never did really get used to a empty nest, because I have grandchildren crowding in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I get things done when I'm all alone, and sometimes I knit all day. I never did really get used to a empty nest, because I have grandchildren crowding in.

    ReplyDelete