Monday, October 23, 2017

Monday Musings

Greetings!  So what's new on your end?  Oh really?  I wish you'd speak louder so I could actually hear you.  

Lets see.  Well I was actually alone for a large portion of this past weekend.  It was oddly very nice for about the first 12 hours.  Then I got bored and kept following various family members on Find Friends and wished I was with them.  Then I resorted to Snapchatting one of the MYP very, very often which was fun for me and helped alleviate her boredom riding in the car for 24 hours as well.  Thank goodness they all returned and my heart was happy as we all shared our weekend around the table last night.  

I decided on a whim to rearrange our bedroom completely while the Chairman was away  I found not just dust bunnies but South Dakota jackrabbits behind a couple of the dressers.  I used to think of myself as a decent housekeeper.  Not anymore.  

The positive in the rearranging is obviously everything is clean again.  The negative is that we had to switch sides of the bed.  So that's weird.  And when I wake up I feel like I'm somewhere else until the cobwebs clear.  


The other night the dog goes bounding out the back door and barks her fool head off.  I was standing in the garage and suddenly there was a terrible pungent skunk spray smell.  I audibly said, 'oh no!'.  Then in bounds Lisi.  I check her all over.  Thank goodness for skunks that miss their target.  

It suddenly feels quite chilly around here!  I just saw a map that says we are to have a cold winter and an average amount of snow.  I sure hope so.  I like winter too.  But before it hits, we are soaking up some of fall's beauty.  



I got to babysit for our friend's little baby the other day for the morning.  He's three months old.  He's just perfect.  He's got these amazing long eyelashes.  And he has such a ready smile.  For just a couple seconds I pretended to be a Grandma and it felt really fun.  You Grandmas must really love your role.  

When I was cleaning out some drawers in my bedroom I found the positive pregnancy tests from nearly 16 years ago.  I never had thrown them out.  And I still didn't.  That's probably really weird of me.  But even though she's soon taking driving school, I love to think of the hope I had of her years and years ago.  

We have a little hamster at our house for almost a year now.  One of the MYP really wanted him.  She actually paid for him with her own money and assured me that she would be solely responsible for him.  She'd feed him.  Change his bedding.  Give him treats.  Well the past couple months he has become my hamster.  I feed him and give him spinach.  And I let him run all over my lap and carry him around the house.  He's a cute little bugger.  I just wonder why all pets suddenly become the mom's pet?  Or maybe it's because I secretly like it.  I'm kind of a nurturer on steroids.

Yesterday it was twenty-one years ago that a little tiny baby was born.  I never forget that date because it was the day I became a mama.  I suddenly realized that being a mother makes you feel a part of your heart is in another body.  She passed away three days later and when she did a tiny little hole in my heart was born.  A NICU nurse I recently talk to said that if she were to have been born today she would most likely would still be alive.  I don't wish for that because I have faith to believe there were other plans for her.  I have faith to believe that there also were other plans for her future siblings that came after her.  For that, we are just thankful to have been led through all the experiences that were ours in growing our family.  

So back to mundane Monday chores.  See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. It feels weird to me to enjoy reading your blog and not commenting...like I'm window peeking or something. Your walking path is beautiful. Fall has been so pretty here too, till the last few days when this frightful wind has blown all the pretty leaves off the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim and I switched sides of the bed when I rearranged our room several years ago. It was strange for quite a while. I picked the side away from the closet because tripping over Jim's shoes is hazardous to my health.

    ReplyDelete