Monday, October 30, 2017

Monday Musings

Greetings!  How's the weather over there?  Here we have a brisk wind out of the northwest at about 15 and snow showers are intermittent.  I kinda sound like a weather woman don't I? 

Looking forward to the time change?  I'm one of those weird ones that don't mind dark evenings.  I think it's because the scale of cozy goes up from about a six to a nine.  Unless the MYP are fighting.  Then it's a -27 and the night feels long.  Of course our MYP never disagree.  Yeah... right.

Anyway!  I saw a shower curtain advertised in Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday.  So?  You say.  Well it was just for Thanksgiving and had all these cute little sayings in fall colors.  That my friends is what you call disposable income.  Holiday shower curtains.  I would put it up and leave it up until the 4th of July.  I hate taking ours down to put in the laundry.  Feels like no matter what kind of clip you have it's like wrestling with a pig in a tub trying to get it off the pole. 

I recently needed to fill a prescription and was just fascinated at the humongous line at the local Walgreen's.  There are lots and lots and lots of people on prescriptions.  And not one person was chatty in the line nor did they look happy.  I'm guessing prescription medication makes you grumpy.  My take anyway.

We got one of those envelopes you never like to see.  A notice of toll violation.  Uh Oh.  We forgot to pay many months back and they took a picture of our license plate.  Two of the fines was our error and one wasn't legit.  I called the IL tollway number expecting to be on hold for 37 minutes and then have to go through 23 steps to get a human that speaks in human tones.  Well I called up and after two options I was talking to human.  He was pleasant and within about 10 minutes he removed not the one but all three fines and told me to have a nice day.  Will wonders ever cease?

I was thinking of situations we see other people in.  And I was thinking of our reaction and how it makes us feel. 

There's the situation where we see a need.  We offer and extend help.  The help is well received.  And they feel better and we feel better.  A great feeling! 

There's the situation where we see a need.  We don't offer to extend help.  No help is given.  They don't know they could feel better and we do know that we should have done something and are left with remorse.  A bad feeling.

There's the situation where we see a need.  And there is absolutely nothing we can do to help so we can't offer any.  We still see them in their needy state and we just feel so sad for them.  An awful feeling really - unless we realize that sometimes it's out of our power and we leave it to the one with All power.  Then a very awful feeling can be changed to "I've done what I could". 

Well that's all that's been rattling around in my mostly empty head.  I hope yours is filled with more than this! 



1 comment:

  1. The weather you ask? ~ ~ ~ it snowed! Poor lil ghosts and gremlins that want to trick or treat tonight!!

    ReplyDelete