Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Words this Wednesday

Greetings!  Can you tell I sound different?  It's just the congestion talking.  I had a doozy of a cold.  I thought it was actually the flu but took a few on-line quizzes and they kept saying it was a cold.  No matter I'm on the mend but still am annoying the Chairman by coughing at night.

If you find something you really like do you have the urge to just buy another so that you have a backup?  I do it often.  This morning I just discovered my favorite (and yet in good shape) slippers were at a brag price on Amazon and so I just ordered them even though I won't need them until the winter of 2019. 

I have a lot of friends.  This is true in real life, but right now I'm talking about Instagram and Facebook.  I only accept friends that I know - or know their family.  I've think that some of the people I am "friends" with that I don't know I'd really like if we didn't live 500 miles apart from each other.  I sense a common goal in life, the same interests and humor.  Maybe we'll meet some day!

I make cinnamon rolls a lot.  Lately, it's been a LOT due to orders, needs, etc.   A couple tricks for you as far as frosting if you care.  I usually add at least two tablespoons of maple syrup to the frosting ingredients.  Try it.  I promise.  Also always always add a dash of salt.  A splash of cold coffee is always fun too.  And!  To keep the adults children from fighting over who gets the middle pieces, put the nicest looking rolls in the corners and add a little bit extra frosting over the dry corner area.  Problem solved.

One of our teens just went on a prescription.  I picked it up from the pharmacist and she said "this medication might make her moody or irritable"... and I said "she's 15 so how will I know?"  And we both threw our heads back and laughed and laughed. 

Our number one son sent this picture the other night.  My first response was "oh deer".  I asked if he was going to be done hunting for the year and he looked at me as if I lost my mind.  Maybe I have.  I guess there's always the elusive big buck out there to get. 
If you're a friend of mine on Instagram, you've already seen this picture.  It happens very frequently here.  I just can't figure out how an 8-pound cat can have such power over a 75-pound dog.  But he does.  Don't worry... I shoo the cat off the dog bed to his own cat bed and all is well. 
When my dad was living and people told me that this or that about me reminded me of him I would sometimes cringe.  Or say "oh boy".  Now since he has passed away when people say something I did or said reminds them of my dad I just feel so thankful inside.  I think it is a way for me to feel close to him even though he's gone.  Grief is such an uncharted territory.  Most days are really really normal.  And then there's the day where I am doing something he would have liked to do.   Or hear something that I know he'd love to hear.  And I so wish I could pick up the phone and text him about it.  Or visit across the table and watch his eyes twinkle as he told about someone he recently was with.  I miss him.  Sometimes a lot. 

The other day it was beautiful.  It was what you would consider a perfect fall day.  Brilliant blue skies, colorful trees, and perfect temperature.  I picked up my phone and tried to take a picture.  I was certain it would be amazing.  I got home and looked at the pictures I took.  They were ok, but nothing special.  Really the reason they weren't amazing pictures was that you couldn't see the whole picture.  You couldn't feel the sun, see the brilliant blue and smell the dying leaves.  I'm just so so glad that some day we'll see the whole picture.  And for now, I'll enjoy the glimpses we do see.

Happy rest of the week to you!  We have a potentially memorable weekend planned.  It could be really really wonderful or really really awful.  Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment