Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tuesday Talk

Greetings!  I think all of the MYP are working away at homework.  The Chairman took Lisi out for walk #2, so I'll sit and visit with you since no one else is around to listen.

Where did we leave off?  Oh yes!  Camping!  We had wonderful reservations at an amazing park just two hours from here.  The forecast looked not just like rain, but buckets of rain.  The fellow-campers and I were group texting about it and the consensus was to pull the plug on the camping venture. 

So!  We since there was so much rain going on outside, we went to a waterpark.  Seems like an oxymoron somehow.  We went with a few other camper wanna-bes.  Had delicious food we carried in.  Super-fun games.  Enriching visits.  Then we went to another of the camper wanna-bes home and had a few more games, delicious food and an enriching visit.  Here we are at the table.  Well here they are.  I usually take the pictures.
The older of the MYP caught a ride to Minnesota.  I was so very happy to receive this picture.  It makes my heart smile.  I was so glad for them to be able to go.  And I was so glad when the flock all landed back on the nest again.  It seems our supper table times are more and more precious.
We have a banquet coming in two days at a high-ka-flootin country club for the high school tennis team.  I never know what to wear, what purse to carry, what to say, how to act when I got to these events.  I always feel like a country mouse that went to the big city.  I'm glad the Chairman is good at these things and I can just stuff my face full of salad.  You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.  Or middle-aged woman.

Usually people like to look at pictures and floor plans of super-big houses.  I am totally enamored with small houses.  Tiny houses.  Living in a camper for a year.  I'm weird like that. 

I like ironing.  There I've said it.  Most the people I know don't enjoy it.  I thoroughly enjoy the whole process and lining up the pressed shirts with military precision in the closet.

I like getting groceries too.  Actually, I have enough food in the house right now to feed us all for at least three months.  I need to stop buying and cooking up what we do have. 

One week from today we go through the whole senior picture process all over again.  Last year it was a BIG deal.  There was planning of hairstyles and outfit changes and locations and the timing of the sun.  I asked about it for the one this year and he said he thought he had a shirt that might work.  And that was as of a big deal as he thought it needed to be.  Sons can sometimes be easier.

Well this is probably enough talk this Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment