Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday Musings

Post #1299.  Kind of impressed aren't you?  Or not.   That's ok.  I still love you.

What's new with you?  Wish I could hear you.

We've had water in the basement.  I think this is the fifth time.  I try to practice what I preach and keep a nice attitude about me, but I nearly was ready to really give our plumber a piece of my mind after our issue was "fixed" and I went downstairs to water the very next day.  Luckily he finally fixed it.  Luckily he was kind as a little lamb.  And luckily he offered all his services without pay which I didn't allow happen lest I need him again.  So far, my socks have stayed dry since then.

Do you play Words with Friends?  Remember that Scrabble-like game?  Well I only play with my big sister and I noticed I've played 803 games so far.  I must need a life.  The MYP make fun of me but I can handle it because I have a lot of wordy-combacks to their sass. 

Ever since I can remember, every box of garbage bags say "now even stronger!!!".  I wonder how strong they really need to be?  What are people throwing into these bags that need such heft?  Anvils?  Cement blocks? 

I went to the dermatologist last week to have her look at some sketchy black moles.  I've been to the medical doctor for physicals but the dermatologist examination was way more invasive than my normal physical.  She left no skin unchecked!  Good thing I'm not the most private person out there.  And by the way, my moles are not scary ones.

I saw a mom out walking with a little one that looked about two years old.  She was on her phone talking and talking while the kid just sat there riding along in the stroller.  I shouldn't be judgmental but I sure wish she'd be telling her little one about the duckys in the pond or talking about the cars going by instead of blathering on and on with a friend about nonsense.  I was nearby long enough to know that's what it sounded like.

The other night I dreamt the Chairman sold his car for a giraffe.  He came home and showed me this enormous giraffe and said they were going off for a walk.  And because he didn't put this ginormous giraffe on a leash it walked out on a partially frozen pond and was going to drown.  I overheard the Chairman say that he was going to go to jail for animal cruelty.  I think I need to lay off spicy food too late in the day. 

I have a created a bracket for the March Madness basketball hoopla going on.  I notice a inverse correlation between how well my bracket does to how much I'm interested in it.  I'm not doing so well so I'm pretending I don't care. 

So this week is graduation picnic planning #2.  I feel like I just went through this.  Maybe it's because our first two are only 11 months apart.  I'm smart like that! 

Well this is probably enough for today.  Always nice to chat!  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment