Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thursday Thoughts

Did you miss me?  Or maybe I should say, is anyone still stopping by?  Did you think the earth was flat and I fell off the edge?  Or maybe you thought that something was dreadfully wrong here at the Chairman and co.

The answer is simply I didn't take the time to sit down and type anything.  Maybe it was winter doldrums.  Maybe I'm as lazy as I appear sometimes.  Anyway!  I've been thinking of you all and missed writing so will just pen some thoughts.

We are feeling the empty nest already and the birds haven't fledged.  It comes gradually.  College classes, jobs, and extra-curriculars cause the MYP to come and go more and more.  I counted up and one of the MYP was only with us for the evening meal twice last week.  And for some reason, they all are calling it "dinner" not "supper".  It's frustrating but there's bigger things to worry about.

I purposely buy candy the MYP don't like.  That way it doesn't disappear so quickly.  I'm thoughtful like that.

We all took the five love languages test.  I recommend it to any family.  The Chairman's love language is touch.  Mine is acts of service.  In case you were interested.  So if I keep rubbing his head will he empty the dishwasher?  That would be an interesting sight.

Did you know if you get a steam stain on wood you are to fix it with running an iron over it?  That seems so counter-intuitive it makes my head spin.  But it does work.

Some think crocus or daffodils blooming are the first signs of spring.  For me it has been and always will be the first robin I see.  For some reason it just makes me feel all happy inside to see them back.

Today's news said that we live in the 2nd drunkest state in the union.  North Dakota beat us.  I like people from North Dakota and I don't think I've met a drunk one.

I quit sorting my clothes.  I just dump them all in one load and haven't had an issue.  Is that weird?  I do wash towels and sheets separately though.

I was at Goodwill today and saw a skirt that looked like something I would like.  I paused to look and realized it was one of the ones I donated a couple weeks ago.  I must still like the same style.  heh.

I currently have family in Hawaii.  They are sending beautiful pictures of beaches and sunsets and even a huge bale of turtles (I looked that word up).   See?  You can learn things if you read the Chairman and co.!  I digress.  Anyway!  I think they are subliminally bragging with those pictures.  And yes, I have some envy.

I read the 20 things you can do wrong while you shower.  I do 11 of them so I wonder if I don't smell good?  Let me know if something is amiss.

Do any of you have three teenagers in your home right now?  You may know how if feels like.  One day you feel like it is rainbows and sunshine and all that is good and they are only going to bring joy and do great things in the future.  And the next day it feels like they all may end up in prison.  Not really that... but I'm so incredibly glad the Chairman and I are a team navigating these uncharted waters of life.

Today is International Women's Day!  Hooray!  Yay!  Let's celebrate!  Or not.  I'm a stay-at-home mother these days.  I kinda run the gamut around here - operational wise and to the masses I probably am not contributing enough to society.  That's ok because I'm very, very thankful for what I get to do.  I just wonder what day will be International Men's Day because I think they deserve the same recognition.  Now excuse me while I fall off my soap box.

I was with someone recently that hasn't had the easiest road lately.  But she is continually thinking and doing for others.  And I left with the feeling that really the secret to true joy is thinking about others more than yourself.  It's basic but still so incredible to think about.

Well this is enough for today!  I may return to regular programming...!  And maybe even throw in some pictures for fun.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, we missed you! Happy for another of your good reads!

    ReplyDelete