Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday talk about post 1300

Wow.  Thirteen-hundred posts!  And I'll type up another one since all the members of the Chairman and co. are presently occupied with various things and no one is calling out my name.  Lets see how long it lasts. 

Have you ever bought glasses online?  We have used eyebuydirect.com twice now for two of the MYP.  They had a current prescription.  Glasses in one store were quoted at close to $400.  We don't have that kind of bills laying around to burn so we checked into on-line sources.  Both of the MYP bought TWO pairs of glasses that were delivered to the door that fit and looked great.  None of them even needed slight adjustments.  And it cost around $30 for both pairs.  This is not a paid endorsement but I like my friends to save money. 

I walk our neighborhood area daily.  I was secretly wishing they'd each open their doors and I could walk in and look around and see what the interior looked like in decor, cleanliness, and floor plan.  No one has really offered so I'll just keep walking by.  Some people keep all their blinds closed night and day.  Maybe it's because they know I'm nosy. 

The Chairman and our oldest took off for NYC last week on her spring break.  I was invited but declined the invite when I heard the itinerary.  I really was glad I declined when their outbound flight was cancelled and they grabbed a rental and drove 15 hours.  They had a splendid time, made lots of memories, and she even came home with a couple pairs of shoes.  So if you know her, you would know it was successful!  I missed them both by the second day.  Thank goodness for Facetime and text messaging!

My family likes food more and more spicy.  And if I make cookies, cinnamon rolls, muffins, you name it, after the first day no one will hardly touch them.  So frustrating!  If anyone wants a day-old lemon poppyseed muffin, stop on by!  I can't eat them all or I'll surely have a muffin top (and bottom).

I've had some ulcer-like stomach pains again.  Thank goodness for medicine that was prescribed last year.  However, the medicine says to take on an empty stomach four times a day.  The guidelines to make this ulcer go away says to eat five small meals a day.  You do the math and tell me when I can and cannot eat.  I figure there's a five minute window a couple times a day where it would work. 

We have a special week coming up again!  Several opportunities to be with some special people.  A special meeting.  Special feelings.  Spring is a special time around here.

Last week I was alone with daughter #1 and we had been shopping.  As we got into the car I looked over at her and her eyes were welled up with tears.  I suddenly felt really worried and my mind came up with about 13 reasons she was sad - from college to friends to sickness to emotional trauma to... you name it.  I'm calm like that.  Anyway, I said, "what's wrong?".  She then looked at me and said, "I'm just so glad you adopted me.  I see other adoptive families out there when I'm working or whatever and some of the parents look really weird.  I'm really glad you both are my parents."  Well my eyes welled with tears too.  I hugged her and we talked a little bit about how miraculous the match was that took place nearly 18 years ago on the other side of the world.  We're thankful that it wasn't just authorities involved but a much higher power. 

Well this is enough for post #1300.  There may be a break from regular programming next week as I won't be by the computer.  I won't forget you though! 



1 comment:

  1. I guess you could enter all your times into your phone so you know when to eat and when to take the med. Not a problem!! Ha! Don't do anything else, I guess.

    ReplyDelete