Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Drum roll...




She's here! Lisi (pronounced lee-see) is now a member of our family. Lisi is a Chinese name that means 'gentle'. Someone we traveled to China with in '00 had a daughter with that name and I really liked it then!

Anyway, we picked up Lisi at 2:00 this afternoon. And she's done quite well, but I completely forgot how time consuming a puppy is! Oh boy, are we in for it. She's very sweet and has almost figured out the potty thing outside (even with it being only 5 degrees out there).

I'll post a couple pictures and get ready for some howling tonight. She did well in her crate during meeting. She was in the laundry room and howled up until meeting started and then realized we wouldn't be coming! :-)

10 comments:

  1. She's adorable! I like the boxy head- she looks like she's gonna be a big girl when she grows up! Give her lots of hugs from us, and good luck tonight!
    Jill and Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Lisi... what a beautiful name! Yay for your new puppy. I hope you get some sleep tonight. So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bundle of fun for your kiddos. I like the name, too. Happy chewing, licking, howling, digging, hugging, playing, rolling, swimming, running, tugging, jumping, loving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name! She looks so big already! The kids will have a hard time going to school today! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoooeee did anyone ever remind me how time consuming puppies are? I feel like it is a baby all over again... except! I can just put Lisi in a crate when she's whimpering. ha. I hope she gets bigger fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisi is adorable! Mocha thinks they could be best friends, if only you lived closer. What a delightful addition to the family! good luck with the nights! KJMJC

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWWW and Oh my she's huge already!! Have fun with your new "baby". Now you'll have Ella and her:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh for cute. she'll be good for Treats!

    ReplyDelete