Saturday, January 19, 2008

Icky achy flu

Yep, I got hit. Went to bed feeling a bit 'achy'. Woke up with a raging fever and my body felt like it was hit by a truck. So I slept the morning away. We were supposed to go to Rockford and celebrate my sister, Karen's 47th birthday today (happy birthday dear sis!). But no one wanted what I would 'bring'. Duane left to go into work and I woke up to all of Mira's socks strewn all over the bedroom. She was putting lots of layers on like she was going to go ice skating. Trevor snuck in with a big sign that said, 'to the best Mom ever' and put it on my nightstand. So I'll sip some tea and try to get stronger. I can't stand being sick! A very cold day here in WI today. But at least the sun is out!

7 comments:

  1. Get well soon! Here's me sending you some chicken noodle soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no... get well soon. I hate being sick, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry! Trevor is so thoughtful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that's never good. Hope it's over quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda- hope you're feeling better! Have been wanting to drop in our suggestion for a puppy name- how about Liberty? Libby for short- kind of goes with Lincoln- as in Abraham Lincoln- who fought for liberty for the slaves.... just our 2 cents...
    Love,
    Jill and Ethan Klepzig

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Jill/Ethan:
    I do love Liberty/Libby and it was a high contender, but we have a Libby in our Sun. am meeting, so I don't think we can use it! We're narrowing it down...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How 'bout Pokey for a name? Like Pokey from the book, The Pokey Little Puppy? Sounds like you all have it narrowed down to the names you like... I look forward to when the puppy and name are revealed. :)

    ReplyDelete