Sunday, January 13, 2008

Puppy!

Great news! I've been doing some serious puppy shopping. We realize we can't replace Lincoln in all his glory, but we are lonely. Our house feels somehow empty (if that is possible with three extremely active kids). So we did lots of breeder looking and found one with puppies available in three weeks! We went and saw the litter on Saturday and all I can say is... ahhhhh. Does anyone know anything cuter than a golden retriever puppy? We probably will go with a little girl to save comparing this one to the Big Ol' Boy. So... name suggestions? We don't want it to end with a 'A' sound... like Rayna or Mira. And Duane is adament that it doesn't sound like a child. And, no frilly-fu-fu names. The family is very excited at the prospect of a new fur-ball in the house. The responsible mother is thinking of LOTS of training, waking up in the night to potty her, and all the joys of puppyhood. But she'll be worth it...

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! Lots of work, but like you say, it will be worth it. I'm not so good with names but I think you have to wait & see what seems right after you have her, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about a place name..somewhere you love such as China? But that end in an "a". Or how about Elvisee?
    golden retriever puppies are very very sweet looking..don't they love to dig holes? you might have a "religious" back yard this Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice... I'll be back when I come up with some ideas on that puppy name thing. I know you're all on the edge of your seats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great insight and laughs...I do have the nerve. It stinks or your business is our business

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your post and I don't personally know you. We met with Dave and Sue for 6 yrs from 82-8 in WI. Rapids. We lived in St. Point. They befriended us and I appreciated Sue alot. I talk to Alonia on the phone and once in awhile meet her for coffee. We have an English Springer Spaniel that is 12 1/2 yrs old, named Libby! I love her name! We won't get another dog as we don't want to be tied down after this one is gone. She is getting doggy dementia and it's getting sad. We have to have our daughter & son in law come stay here when we travel. So we can't just pick up and go like we'd like. They are great for children though. I've enjoyed getting to know you a little better through this blog! Happy dog picking out and naming. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete