Thursday, September 24, 2015

Love/dislike relationships...

Have you ever walked to the computer with the intention of finding a recipe and then 20 minutes later walk away from the computer and realize it never entered your mind to actually find the recipe you were looking for?  Yeah, me either...  Goodness.  Technology is so wonderful and so awful at the same time.  

However it is wonderful because I get to blog!  For me maybe.  For you?  Maybe not so much.

Another love/hate relationship I have is with Amazon.  They taunted and tempted me with Amazon Prime to get a better deal on a horrifically expensive graphing calculator that one of the MYP needed for classes.  So I signed up and now with One-click here it comes!  I have only gotten "exciting" things like new mops and slow cookers.  But scary I say.  I love the convenience.  I don't like the sneaky ways they get you to One-click.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have a love/dislike relationship with gardening.  Vegetable gardens and I are not such good friends.  Now flowers or plants?  Love them.  I don't think I've told you much about Ferdinand.   


He's occupied my side porch for the past four and a half months.  He hasn't once shed his loveliness on the porch.  Or wilted.  Or gotten brown spots that Boston ferns often do.  So now it will soon be colder and I'll need to bring him inside.  The trick is to keep him happy and to find a spot for him.  He's mammoth.  

Then there's the pets.  I saw this lately:
It's kind of accurate... except for the potty in the house.  Lisi is just at that perfect age of just kind of "getting it".  The other night while we were eating, I thought she needed to just go to her bed and lay down so I just waved my finger that way and she immediately walked over and laid down. She just knew what I wanted without any words or action hardly.  I love that.  However, she's soon eight.  She has a growing lump on her rib cage that is starting to seem questionable.  Her vision isn't what it used to be.  She's getting more fatty tumors.  At some point down the road, I will be writing a very, very sad blog post with tears streaming down my cheeks.  I love her so.  And I dislike the fact that I like these silly pets so much.

Then there is parenting.  I love, love, love being a mother.  But oh me oh my.  There was an email that came early this morning that had news that was majorly disappointing to one of our young people.  There were tears and words of disappointment and more tears and distress.  I knew I wanted to be a parent.  I knew I would love it.  I knew it would be wonderful on so many levels.  What I didn't know is that the pain or disappointments your children feel are so real it almost physically hurts.  I dislike that.  (On a side note, in the big picture, this isn't too big of a problem.  So hold the phone calls... just teenage stuff)

So.  That's life.  The good and the bad.  The love and the dislike.  Kind of like these blog posts.  I'm sure some of them are loved.  Some are disliked.  Oh come on!  They all are loved...  heh... so the Chairman's wife says.  

Happy rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment