Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday Musings

Is it just me or does the weeks fly by?  Feel under the gun to have some substance to Muse.  What's up in my world?

Well last week this happened:
If you can't read the fine print, it is Lisi ashamedly admitting she will nearly die for a treat.  You see the UPS man was driving by at approximately 15 miles an hour and Lisi bolted from me and jumped on the moving brown truck.  Why you ask?  Well our regular driver throws out treats to her if she's in our yard or if we are walking.  This time it was a different guy and he was completely shocked and seemed almost scared to see a big dog hopping on his truck as he drove by.  I got over there and Lisi immediately went upside down and it was nearly impossible to get her off.  And no, she didn't get a treat.  I told the driver to not offer one so she doesn't jump on moving trucks again.

There was a local funeral this weekend and I was again asked to be a singer.  Call me weird but I don't get one bit nervous about singing like that.  I'm not sure why.  My voice could crack.  My hymn book could fall down.  I could trip.  But no, I just don't feel nervous at all.  I almost find it baffling because I don't like to do any public speaking.  A job interview would keep me up at night.  But singing?  Not at all.  Maybe it is because I love to sing.  And I have such wonderful people standing by me also singing.  Yeah,  I'm aware it is kind of a strange aspect of me.

We have had spectacular, picture-perfect days of weather and sunsets and changing leaves.  I can't believe I used to not like fall.

Daughter #2 had in her mind to make some cupcakes the other night.  After working for awhile she told me she was done and wandered off to do homework.  I go into the kitchen.  Apparently as soon as the cupcakes are finished, the job is complete!
See the picture following?
It is a room full of people stamping cards.  At least that's what I think they were doing.  I did see some of them noshing on cake and talking.  But I think they mainly were there to stamp.  I felt like a fish out of water and so I safely stayed in the kitchen since that was what I was asked to do.  A friend of mine is Mrs. Big with the Stamping business.  Kudos to her!  And thankfully, our friendship isn't based on my creative abilities.

These young ladies were in our back seat yesterday.  I think one looks sleepy.

Well here's a couple things to part with.  Have a great week ahead!  I'm fully intending to.
took me a second to get this one... 

1 comment:

  1. It's not just you, the weeks fly by at lightening speed!

    ReplyDelete