Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday Musings

I purposed today that I wouldn't Muse.  I really have very little to offer up today, so this should be brief.  That is unless my fingers do the typing and get away from my brain that is quite empty.

I just got back from running a few errands for home necessities.  I purchased something for myself that I haven't used in say... 21 years.  What is it?  A planner!  No, not one of those feel-good ones that make you set goals on how you will be nice to people or exercise 400 minutes each day.  This one simply has day and monthly calendars.  Being a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) is a tedious job.  You do the same thing day in and day out.  I think making lists each day will hold me more accountable to cross them off.  You see if I have written it down that some chore needs to be done that day, I really make myself do that.  I'm a bit crazy like that.

You know our cat Simba?  Well we are sure glad he has nine lives because he used up a couple last week.  He came home one morning with three distinct black markings on his back and neck.  He was scraped up all over his head and one ear.  He had a swollen eye.  I think he was hit by a car at low speed.  He seemed really sore, but nothing seemed broken.  He spent nearly three days inside and didn't want to venture too far away.  Well it looks like he's on the mend and down to about six lives left since he's been bitten or clawed twice already that required vet visits.  Cats.  Why do we like them?  I wish I didn't like the golden fur face so much, but I do.  

This past weekend we went south of the border (no, not to Mexico, silly!  Just to the the place where rivers gently glow and corn doth grow.)  I noticed something about people in Illinois.  They are not nearly as rabid of fans of their local sports teams as they are here in Dairyland.  You see here in Dairyland, there are oodles and oodles of people dressed in either red with Badgers smiling on the front or sporting some kind of sweatshirt, jacket, hat (or better still all three!) in the colors of green and gold no matter where you go.  You would think that's all people have in their closets.  

I had an annual physical last week.  The doctor asked if I had any concerns after she gave me a clean bill of health.  I hesitantly asked what my weight was exactly one year ago.  She told me.  Then I asked what my weight said this year.  She told me.  Well if I gain three pounds every year for the next 20, I will be a lot to love when I'm an old lady.  So therefore, I'm off to walk on this breezy day.  Have a special week!  

this is so me... 
you can't go to IKEA without eating Swedish meatballs!

1 comment:

  1. I have a three ring binder that lives on my counter. I've used it for years, ever since the kids said, "you don't remember anything!" It really helps except for last Friday when I forgot a doctors' appointment. It was highlighted and remembered earlier in the day, but I still forgot. I blame it on my company. :)

    ReplyDelete