Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday Musings

Good Monday Musings!  I've got a 'to-do' list a mile and a quarter long, but will quickly pen up a Muse for your aMusement.  Or mostly mine.

We've had some super-de-duper wonderful last days of summer.  There's been times with friends and just our family and some necessary work followed by unnecessary groans from some MYP.  But it gets done and the smiles return.

Son #1 inherited a little fishing boat that he now captains.  He is most pleased.  And if he sees I posted this picture of him on his little boat he will be most displeased.  So please do not tell him you saw him on this forum.  But those arms though...
I just returned a bathroom scale.  After I got it home, I realized we had one that worked nearly as good so I thought I'd save the $19.99 and return it.  The man at Costco taking my return asked if anything was wrong so I said, "I didn't like the number".  He paused and then looked at me and then realized I was joking and HAHAHA!  I couldn't help myself.

I was on a hunt for some good jerky and I saw that the price/pound for jerky for dogs was quite a bit cheaper than for people.  I was tempted to throw it in a Ziploc and see if anyone noticed a quality difference.

I charted the moods of daughter #1 and 2 this week one day on the fridge.  It was fun for me and slightly irritating and slightly funny for them.

Lisi celebrated National Dog Day.  Ok I lied.  She had no clue it was NDD, but I took her picture anyway.  You'd not know it by her soft, sweet face, but she almost nipped me in the hinder just before this picture was taken because she wanted a walk very very badly.


I was up at preps last Saturday.  And yes, I had the privilege of cleaning the bathrooms before everyone got there at convention time where - you guessed it - I'll be cleaning the bathrooms.  But there was an immediate crisis!  Some keys are missing for the paper roll dispensers.  So I hopped on the internet and got replacements ordered and they were actually shipped before I left the grounds.  Technology is weird.  And now I see why janitors like to have a ring full of jingling keys.  They are mostly necessary I reckon.  Doesn't this look squeaky clean?  Or maybe not.


We had our extra daughter here for the entire weekend again.  She's sugar and spice and everything nice - just like her parents.  She and daughter #2 decided to make a humongous project of decorating cupcakes.  They made memories and a huge mess.  I found frosting on a wall, the faucet, the side of the fridge, and on the wastebasket drawer.  They mentioned in passing there was a bit of a frosting fight.  Really?  I never would have guessed.

So the reason for my mile and a quarter 'to-do' list is that I'm hitting the highway tomorrow with my sister for a bitter-sweet occassion.  A family member has passed away and I just felt very moved to make an effort to go to the funeral.  You see I have a very, very small extended family.  And because of that, we've all tended to be very close - especially that several of them are laboring in far-away states and we cannot all be together.  But this time we can be and will be.  Yes, every level surface will not pass the white-glove test before the study meeting here Wednesday night.  Yes, the floors might have some crumbs.  Yes, the Chairman and the MYP will miss me (or so I like to think).  But some day down the road, I don't want to wish I had gone.  Life and relationships are so much more important than a pristine house.  It will be so very nice and so very comforting despite the circumstances.

So have a good rest of the week!




1 comment:

  1. After having been here a few years now, I'm always amazed at how big conv bathrooms back home are. All those stalls! And so clean! 😀

    ReplyDelete