Thursday, November 17, 2016

Confession Muse

Yes, it's Thursday.  I didn't blog on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday.  And here's the confession.  I kinda entertained the idea once again to just be done with this forum forever and ever and ever again.  I ran this idea by one of the MYP and I was somewhat surprised by the answer.  "You mean you don't want a record of our years in high school?".  Um.  Well yes.  And sometimes no.

This week has been a doozy.  I feel like I've earned my graying hair.  No, it is nothing with troubled teens or a troubled marriage or a troubled pet - thank goodness.  It's just that the weightier matters of life seemed to compound on me.  Life is good.  But it's very busy and there's a lots of things thrown on a person during an ordinary week.

Did you know there was an election last week?  Did you know I'm finally going to post some political thoughts?  Just kidding!  I haven't, nor will I ever.  It's too divisive.  And quite frankly, most the time I don't even know what I think.  So I just tend the demographics within the confines of the Chairman and Co. and leave it at that.

I've been selling bread to friends.  So if you would like a loaf or six of whole wheat, white, cracked wheat, multi-grain, or a blend of all the above, give me a couple-days notice.  Thanks!

There was a bit of stress yesterday due to a missing cell phone for 24 hours.  Thank goodness it was located at the high school right where she left it!  And thank goodness for honest classmates.

There's a sick child laying in bed upstairs right now.  I hope she doesn't share her sickness.

Have I told you about kefir?  Homemade kefir?  Would you be interested in learning about the process?  I've been pouring and straining and drinking the liquid magic for close to two years.  The Chairman is quite zealous as well.  I think I've been sick maybe once in that time.  Or maybe not.  I'm a believer!  And it costs next to nothing.  And it is lactose free.  And it makes me feel like jumping over the moon.  Or not.  But it's liquid gold I tell you!

Well this is probably enough.  I'm in the middle of baking five pans of caramel/pecan and regular frosted cinnamon rolls for various reasons.  The house smells heavenly.

Happy rest of the week to you!  I promise to blog on Monday.  I think.   Yay!  Blogger finally added emojis!  ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ˜… ๐ŸŽ‰

The Chairman and his Jr. following election results

A little golden sweetness. 

Starting the braces process.  They get put on in the next month or so.
this is so me


2 comments:

  1. For the first time we watched election results on the internet. Stay tuned for my Thursday post! I enjoy yours, but you don't have do post EVERY Monday if it gets to be too much. We will likely live without it. Or, maybe you don't want to take that chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I manage to gag down a few swallows of kefir several times a year, at most. Only when the local diet really catches up to me and my stomach is a complete wreck. I'm constantly amazed at the people who claim to like it. Tell it to me straight - Do you really like it or is it mind over matter? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    ReplyDelete