Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday Musings

It's Monday!  And I'll Muse!  How about I throw some stats at you first and foremost?  This is probably more interesting to me than you.  This is post #1256.  There have been 88 page views so far today.  In the past month there have been 3,194 views.  Goodness who are you all?  Well hello indeed!

So what's new with you?  Shoot.  I can't have two-way conversations here.  Just drop me a text if you know my number so I can hear!  Or call.  Or write me an email.  Or a letter.  Doesn't matter!  I need to write some of you too!

We just got word a few hours ago that yet another classmate of one of our MYP has passed away.  Two weeks ago it was a 16-year old to a fast-moving cancer.  Today it was due to a car accident.  For the life of me I cannot hardly wrap my mind around the emotions those parents are feeling.  At all.  Each and every time our MYP drive out of the driveway, I smile with a small knot in my stomach.  I hope that goes away sometime, but I doubt it does.

Son #1 had a successful hunt this year.  I'd show you a picture but I think it makes some people squeamish to see a dead deer.  I'll just post this picture - the mom where he's staying at - sent me today.  Thank goodness he's home in a few hours.  I miss him and it's only been three days.
Remember me kind of tooting the kefir horn a post or two back?  You know the one that says it has a gazillion pro-biotics and I never-ever get sick?  Yeah that one.  Well, I got sick.  Nothing too horrible.  Just a sore throat for three days and congestion thanks to a couple sick daughters.  I complained to the Chairman and he said, 'well you could have been sick a lot worse if you weren't drinking kefir'.  So I'll keep believing and drink the swill. 

I had a super-sweet getaway for 27 hours this past weekend.  Some of us ladies all holed up in a condo and ate ourselves into a stupor and then shopped a bit besides.  I just felt like my heart was full of happiness after our time together.  I am thankful for friends that make me feel that way.  

I think teenagers master the selfies better
I like this quote I read lately, "hugs were invented to let people know you love them without having to say anything".  I'm not good at either one much quite frankly.  Must be the stiff Norwegian in me.

Speaking of quotes - I had to write this down after our daughter said it,,, "Maybe I should be rebellious and then when I'd come back you'd appreciate me more and give me money to be a good kid".   She's a nut.  I think she takes after...  (oh never mind)

So we have a wonderful week ahead with Thanksgiving and friends and family and food.  Happy Thanksgiving!  See you back here soon for post # 1257!

Here's a few things that made me smile.  






2 comments:

  1. I was going to say something about what a nice group of people up there when I saw that ear one and forgot where I was going. Now my ears are raising a fuss - they want a Q-tip,too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say something about what a nice group of people up there when I saw that ear one and forgot where I was going. Now my ears are raising a fuss - they want a Q-tip,too!

    ReplyDelete