Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday musings

Hi to all. Had a great past weekend. But it was just terribly cold here. Should I quit complaining about our winter? Ok... I'll try. Did some errand running on Saturday morning. Then Sat. supper we had Klenk's and Synstad's come for pizza supper. Wasn't anything glamorous, but sure fun to have last minute company like that. Sunday was a lovely morning meeting. Then we had Schueler's come join us for a last minute Sunday dinner. Somehow, it all worked out. Sarah had surgery last week and has a bum knee for awhile now. Poor thing. Kids always enjoy all the play time with friends and I love the adult-time with our friends here. Again, we're very fortunate to have so many running the race by our side in this area...

And back to Monday we go. I just spent the morning in Mira's room helping the 5/6 year old crowd get a handle on what pennies are. But poor Hunter decided about half-way through that he missed his mom and was just about hysterical. I tried to calm him down and then he says, 'my head feels hot and I think I'm going to puke'. Boy did I move away fast (he didn't). Another boy told me he'd like to see his dad 'Tony' more, but right after work he has to go back to jail. Another told me his dad died in a car accident. Another girl told me, 'my mom and dad aren't married but they are talking about it and so me and my sister might get to be flower girls and my brother would carry the ring, but I don't think they'll get married'. Boy, these little kids sure have some intersting lives. I'm on lunch room duty again T/Th this week. It is BRRRR-CHILLY standing out there making sure the kindergarteners don't self-destruct the 20 minutes they are out there. So better get on to the other mundane things of life... laundry, bread making, bill paying, sweeping, and on it goes.

And the latest Lisi update: she has it figured out on 'sit, come (almost), her name, give, off', and so I think she's brilliant. And then she pees. Or worse. Only two accidents in the past 4 days, but I still find it horrifying. Lucky for us and the house she only has kitchen privileges. But still!!!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Having a puppy is just like having another baby ~ w/out diapers!!! I'm am tired of this COLD weather and snow too. Did I ever send you a picture of the fleece hat I made for myself? It's very warm, and I like it, but you shoulda seen the cows scramble when they first saw me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your keeping busy....wsuh we were one of the ones that you had for pizza supper...hope you thought of us:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we may have thought of you, but somehow YOU didn't think of us when planning your MN weekend party. Thanks for nothing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about kids having interesting lives...how about the one I heard today....Grandma burned down the house...I haven't heard all the details yet but apparently she did it on purpose. Thankfully the kids don't know yet. The mom told me & she's going to help deal with this later in the week. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete