Friday, February 29, 2008

The un-ending job

I think I put in my list of "100 list" that I like a clean house. Well... as I was once again vacuuming, I was thinking of a job of a homemaker. It is never 'done'. My dear husband is a writer of humongous appraisal reports. And when the job is done and he sends off the big thing, that job is 'done' and then he moves on to the next job. I think that is the frustration of stay-at-home moms. It is never just.... done! Our dear ones are wearing clothes that will need to be washed, the food is being digested, the house will once again get full of clutter, crumbs, and dust, the bills will keep coming in. The dog will once again need to be walked. I think you get the point. Oh sure, I do have moments when the house is spotless, the cupboards and fridge are full and the laundry baskets empty. It is a feeling of "whew!!!" (that lasts about 10 minutes). And then it is back to tasks at hand. I don't think anyone but another wife/mother can understand what I'm talking about. But anywhoo, that was my thought of the day. Looking forward to a wonderful weekend ahead. A little friend of the girls will come to play together tomorrow. Sunday we'll have Gpa and Gma D. here for noon after u. meeting and Gpa and Gma R. here for supper! The kids will be very happy!!! Gpa and Gma R. are getting home today from being gone a month to China and Hawaii. Will be fun to hear of their trip. And my dad is anxious to meet Lisi. He loves dogs and had a hey-day with Lincoln. How many dog-Grandpas go out and buy a special box of treats to have 'on hand' when he comes.

3 comments:

  1. One of the very first things I realized after coming over here and suddenly living in a bach is, "Wow- housewives are amazing people"- and I developed heaps and heaps of appreciation for people who keep it all running smoothly- and largely 'behind the scenes'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's why I put so little effort into it... because it all has to be done over and over and over and over and over... Is that what you mean? ;) I was just telling Craig this morning, "Our house looks like a tornado hit it 24/7!"

    ReplyDelete