Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday's thoughts

As promised. Happy V's Day by the way!!!

1) It is snowing. Only 1-2" expected tonight. But I just see we have a NEW WATCH for Saturday night/Sunday. Expecting 6-10" on top of the 70 something inches that have come down so far this season. Global warming anyone? Good grief.

2) I sprained my ankle today. Hauling in Sam's Club stuff, missed the last step going downstairs. Twisted it good. It is fat and ugly. But I'm still walking on it. I have to. Because...

3) I have a puppy. One that was highly dispppointing today. She actually peed in her crate. Not a good thing at all. Then after I was just cleaning that all up, she squatted by me and had another little puddle at my feet. Does the SPCA come if you wring a puppy's neck? Are there visible signs of abuse from neck-wringing? Just kidding on that. I realize she's 10 weeks and still a baby (without the benefit of a Huggies or Pampers covering her little behind). I'm anxious for potty training tips of any kind. I was awesome with our kids. Not with a stoopid (sic) puppy.

4) My dear spouse brought home a dozen roses last night. He's a nice guy. :-)

5) I don't have to work at school tomorrow! My first 'free' day this week without seeing the halls of Prairie Elementary. I might go see my friend Sarah. She's worse off than me. And I haven't been with Ella in a spell, so I need to go get a hug from her.

And... that's all folks! I wonder about Friday's finale?

3 comments:

  1. enjoy those buds and your poor ankle? sorry about that..i feel your pain. i had one last spring that lasted 6 months ( effects lasted that long...) hope yours clears up fast so you can get through all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the ankle. But what a fantastic hubby you have. Happy Belated Valentine's Day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your ankle. Enjoy your flowers & try to take it a bit easy. Puppy sounds testing...but oh, she's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete