Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cute isn't overrated


(before)

(after)
Lets all face it. I'm cute. And please don't think for a moment it is the big lady that yells that's writing this. She's way too modest to write some self-promoting jargon like that. But I'm not! It's me. Lisi. I'm just adorable. Even (cough) show dog quality! Pinch me on the cheeks and give me some lovin' cute. And it usually works to get me out of awkward situations. Trouble if you will. In fact, the littlest one at this house says sometimes that she just can't help herself and gets off her chair and comes over to me and says, 'mom, she's such a cootie'. Ahh the life of a beauty.

But it wasn't enough. Not today let me tell you. You see the big lady that yells but loves me anyway was gone for a bit this morning. She brought home an orange round thing and put it on the front porch. And then she poked these little people by the sidewalk. They smelled interesting. Different. And chewable. I resisted. In fact, I appeared aloof. Fooled that big yelling lady I did. And so she glanced my way and muttered something (I have no clue what she said since my language capabilities are poor to fair at best). And the door closed! And I was alone... with them! My new friends! They were a billowing in the breeze and so I did what any curious pooch would do. I tasted the first one! Then well lets see I let my nature take hold of me and I had a party! A real party! With my new friends. It didn't last long and then they didn't look like they wanted to play anymore. And so the party was done. And my friends were all done-in too. So I headed off the garage. I had a weird feeling in my belly. Hmmm. Something just went down that wasn't good. But I hope my good looks carry me through.

The back door opens after a bit and there stands the big lady that yells but loves me anyway. She's saying 'you're SUCH a Lisi!' And... 'Mama's girl!'... and 'ready to go Sweetie?'. We're off for our walk in the rain! And she latches me up to my leash and heads out of the garage and then there comes this audible 'Oh no! LISI! What did you do?' I look up at her. Wag my tail slowly side to side. And then I felt tension. Like she was about to yell. And she did just a bit. Oh dear. I need to up the ante. Turn on the charm. And I did it. The brown eyes looked so sad. Deep sorrow. Remorse. (for what I have no clue... I just know the party was over with my new little friends.) And then she just lightly swatted me on the head and marched off to clean up the remains of my little friends. And that was that. The cuteness paid off. Again. I'm thinking next time she gets new little friends she won't leave me alone with them. But for now I'm glad I'm cute. Adorable. I think it'll take me a long ways in life.

6 comments:

  1. that Lisi is groovy. maybe the lady that yells will get you some more lil friends that taste better next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dog! I agree, with dogs...with kids...good thing they're cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable from here! Ha ha! It's like when kids find scissors & cut something up...like their hair...& people wonder, "What was the Mom doing during this time?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just waiting to hear that she'd upchucked her 'little friends'... ;)
    The pic of her is hilarious- she looks like she's just been scolded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My neighbors have a new golden retriever that is four months old. He's very cute too - has the softest looking fur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisi, I'm thinking you're just a lucky dog! I don't think I'd be near as nice as the big lady that yells.... :D

    ReplyDelete