Friday, October 2, 2009

Stoopid Cat

Yep. This is me again. The smart dog. Did I ever tell you about all the awards I've won? Lots of doggy classes. I'm considered a Canine Good Citizen. I also passed the test to be a therapy dog (but the big lady that yells but loves me anyway hasn't done anything about it). Can't for the life of me figure out why we spent all that time in boot camp working and working for the test and then sha-LA just like that. I'm just a regular alley mutt again. But the story isn't about me.

Yesterday, the big lady and me headed out on our walk. I'm loving fall. I heard her tell someone that she doesn't like fall, yet she smiles on our walk. Can't be all that bad. So we're walking along and getting closer to home when she says the magic word that puts me at full attention. She said under her breath...'get the kitty'. Now nothing makes me more excited and wild than hearing that. Whoooo-eeeee a cat to chase! And right across the yard was the feline waiting for something. It looked like it was trying to get a mouse and it had no idea that one of its lives were at stake. And so the chase began. I expected the cat to run around the house. Or better yet into a corner where I could (you know I have no idea what I'd do if I actually 'caught' the cat) get it! But no! In true sneaky cat fashion it ran up the stairs of its own deck. I was going so fast up the stairs after the cat that I fell. I lost sight of the rotten fur-bag getting back to my feet and then got up to the deck. I looked this way. I looked that way. WHERE IN THE BLAZES IS THAT ROTTEN BLACK CAT? I couldn't find him. I looked back at the big lady that yells but loves me anyway and she was whistling me back to her. I kept looking at her wondering if she knew where the cat went. She just kept calling me and that was that. The blasted thing disappeared on me! (Actually Lisi didn't know the cat just hopped up on the railing and was looking down at her the whole time.) And so I came downstairs and back to the big lady and she was muttering something about me not being so bright. Well listen here big bossy know-it-all lady that yells and sometimes loves, if it weren't for me you wouldn't have all those bragging rights or special awards stuck in the file cabinet.

So there you have it. I haven't been terribly naughty lately and so the stories aren't so interesting. But I thought you might want to know this anyway.

Woof!

5 comments:

  1. Today was the day to chase cats, wasn't it, Lisi? I found a stray tom in the barn and barked and BARKED at it, trying to get it to run. My mean lady came out and made me leave. Doesn't she know that toms kill baby kitties???!!!? This was SERIOUS!!! But NOOOOOO. She fed the stupid cat. I'll never get these humans figured out.
    Love,
    Kay
    p.s. Keep up the good work...well, at least you tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the doggie conversations I run across on Lisi's posts!
    (Lisi- you sound like a distant relative of Hank the Cowdog... have you ever met?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Linda! Been awhile since I read blogs, so it was fun to catch up on yours. Doug thinks you should seriously think about writing a book, and I agree. You have a real gift for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always look forward to reading a Lisi story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisi - be aware of kitties with sharp claws!!! One time the neighbours dog chased our cat and the dog ended up at the Vets with a scratched eyeball. Perhaps you should ask the lady you live with to check out this site - www.doggles.com You'd be one stylin' dog in a pair of those.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete