Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Fact or Fiction

Well maybe just randomness...

* Today I saw a humongous hawk on one of the trees right out the front door. Uber-cool!

* And! A brilliant azure-blue bluebird went right in front of me on the walking path. Isn't that a sign of happiness?

* Nothing like some soft piano music (finally dug out my CD's and a cup of strong Tazo to boost the afternoon)

* Wedding bells will ring again tomorrow! I've known the bride since she was called 'Buzz'. She's blossomed into a radiant lovely person. We'll miss her.

* Speaking of weddings. Rayna said tonight, 'mom, when I get married, could you be the caterer for me?'. I was feeling all puffy and pleased that she likes my cooking and Mira says, 'Rayna, mom wouldn't be able to because by then she'll be too old'.

* Mira started piano. So far I like the teacher. And I like the super-expensive grand pianos sitting in the area where we wait for the kids.

* And Rayna is in a school basketball program. Every night for an hour+. She was totally exhausted last night and just needed to be held awhile. And... this mom really loved it. My babies are growing up, but they still love to be held.

* Thinking of painting a bathroom! One of the last rooms that hasn't had a transformation since we've come here. Hmmm. What to do... what to do...

* My mom got another good report today (she's fought cancer twice). I think the blessing in sickness is that when you are well, you are thankful. If you've never faced anything, you take it all for granted. I think there's a lesson here...

* Funny Lisi story coming...

3 comments:

  1. hi. i like your bullet posts..makes me feel updated! have a great wk. end! glad your mom's fighting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for bluebirds! (but that one sounds sort of like an indigo bunting... which is also beautiful)

    ReplyDelete