Monday, October 5, 2009

Thoughts in the shower...

* I'm frugal. Most of my friends would attest to that. But maybe not the Chairman this month as he thinks the money is flying out the window. Usually it isn't. Anyhoo. I was at the store recently and purchased some 'shampoo for men' that was a bargain. I brought it home and set it on the shelf in our shower. He used it maybe once or twice. Then I could tell he wasn't. I asked. He said, 'it just feels cheap' and then added something about my nice shampoo that I get for myself. And so while showering I look at it. Goodness. It is probably just fine so I use it today. I smell nice and manly. Musky. I hope I don't attract any ladies in the grocery store aisle today.

* The wedding that keeps on giving. We attended a very special wedding on Saturday for a super-nice couple. The groom would be even nicer if he wasn't taking his bride far away from the midwest. But they're happy and that's what is important. But the wedding keeps on giving. I came across not one or two but 7 bottles of little bubbles that you are to blow at the bride and groom. I have a daughter that loves free things. And I might add that she comes by it honestly. Refer to the first two words of this post. Then... as I'm doing laundry this morning a party erupts as I'm throwing clothes into the washing machine. HEARTS! JUST MARRIED! PINK! Confetti... and lots of it is now all over my laundry room floor.

* I could also mention about the ride to the wedding. Duane has some 'miles to use up' on the car before turning it in on the 20th of this month. And so we are piling into the car and going to where we need to go. But we have three kids that in very close quarters tend to get obnoxious a bit crazy. They started out in pretty good spirits the first 5 seconds little while. And then it got louder and sillier. At one point I said, 'you girls better not be getting your hair all messy'. And then it got louder. The Chairman said to knock it off. Then a few minutes later I went on a bit of a tirade. And then it was silly as all get out and then... silence. Utter silence for about 3 seconds and immediately I know something is amiss. I turn around. Trevor is holding his glasses in two pieces. Rayna's hair is a disaster. And... I'm one irritated mom. Thank goodness for an extra 20 minutes built into our trip, a convenient Target store, and superglue. Some mentioned how cute the kids looked and how sweet our family was. If they only knew...

* Did I say how much I love our wood stove? We had some issues reckoned with last winter and now it heats up the house like nobody's business. I love when the kids get off the bus and smell the smoky smell outside they run right past me and sit in front of the stove. There's something about the cozy, penetrating warmth.

* Yesterday we had a special gathering and it made me so thankful that what my confidence in is really True. It has made me especially thankful today.

3 comments:

  1. Yes. I felt the same way and relieved that we weren't lukewarm and didn't get spewed out.... so to speak.

    We were walking up to the same wedding and M is carrying the wedding gift and not looking where he's walking and not once but twice he trips on Emerson... making Emerson fall and skin his knees and cry like crazy. I was like... could you watch out for your child and oh, yes keep carrying the heavy, bulky wedding gift too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning--*smile* have I mentioned how much I always enjoy your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete