Thursday, February 24, 2011

Friends...




Today we had an excuse to get together because a couple of the ladies here had birthdays this week.  And as always, it was a very nice time.  I may have mentioned before about friends.  I am blessed with a bounty of them that cannot be numbered.  But each friend I have is incredibly special in their own way.  My best friend is the Chairman.  And second best?  I just don't know.  All of them.  And for them, I'm thankful.

So today was nice.  We all met at the appointed time and at the appointed place and sat and shared about our lives.  Our children.  Our struggles.  Our silly stories.  And our souls.  You see I don't think I've mentioned all that much about the area we live in.  It has many, many wonderful intact families.  Like a lot.  There's a very good side to that.  We get together.  Swap our children.  Visit on the phone.  Cry together.  Laugh together.  And most importantly, have fellowship together.  But there's a downside to so many wonderful people.  We have to share the two that are sowing the precious seed in this area.  We get one visit a year and maybe two.  Throw in a visit for specials... and that's about it.  Another downfall is when we have company over, we can't have everyone over or our doors would come off the hinges.  There's also risks of talking about others. Slighting someone.  Or worse causing offence.  But so far, so good.  And for that I'm thankful.  

When we all get together, sometimes I like to do a mental count as to how many children are a result of so many ladies.   One time the count was over 30 when we were all together.  Amazing.  And wonderful.  And scary.  We ladies are nurturing the future.  And hopefully, we do a decent job.  I love that there are those 'ahead' of us in this child-rearing experience.  I've received excellent advice.  Told at times to not sweat the small stuff.  And encouraged to always put the first things first.  Good friends with good values.  And for those, I'm thankful.  

I'm emotional and can have tears fall over the silliest things.  But I'm not good sometimes at telling my friends that I'm thankful for them.  Tonight I want to.  Because I am.  And for this, I'm thankful. 

5 comments:

  1. look at all you beauties! sounds like fun. are they all awnry like you? i kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a thing to have that many friends in your area. I guess I didn't realize that. I know you feel so thankful for each and everyone of them. Thankful for your friendship too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is alot--and alot for just two, also.
    Friends are well....just wonderful blessings.

    ReplyDelete