Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Musings

Someone from Patna Bihar India hopped on looking for "Chairman of Company".  I hope they read all about the Chairman here and learn all the good qualities of one...

We were so busy the past week it was almost dizzying if that's a word.  But we got through it and survived.

A trip to my folks to see a nice nephew and slightly older sister...




A trip north to celebrate our niece's 30th birthday with friends
 






Two birthdays






Lots of baseball

And a visit from this girl for the weekend.  She's always been special for a lot of reasons.  Some will tell you that teenagers are rude, lazy, senseless, or thoughtless.  She's none of that.

 It's been hot and humid.  And yes, we struggle with to turn on the A/C or not turn on the A/C.  We got home Saturday and I was certain the Chairman would want the A/C turned on.  It was 84 in here and everything felt sticky.  I got a few windows shut and started it up and he said, 'you're turning on the A/C?  It's not that bad in here and it'll cool down at night...'  So up went the windows and I powered down the few moments of cool that came out of the vents.  But yesterday we broke down.  Not sure how long it'll last...

I returned to my late sister-in-law's home for the first time last week.  In fact, it was on the 5th anniversary of her funeral.  The situation was for a birthday party.  And it was a joyous occasion.  We got there early.  Early enough for me to take in the atmosphere of the home.  Long enough for me to walk around upstairs and have memories flood over me.  Long enough for me to feel incredibly sad for a few moments.  And long enough to get very comfortable with my brother-in-law's lovely new wife and her children and be thankful.  Thankful for the extended family that is still 'ours'.  Thankful for the joy we felt in their home.  And thankful that memories can help hold loved ones close.

Son number one was just a bit out of sorts last night.  It was hot out in the baseball field.  The last game ended in a very close loss.  Fatigue, hunger, and something else was gnawing on him.  I could tell.  A lot of times 'guys' don't want to talk.  They want to just know someone is close by.  I went and gave him a little poke.  He muttered, 'I don't feel like that'.  I went over and stood close.  Asked him, 'do you need some smoochies?'.  He muttered no.... then there was a pause.  'Well, just one'.  And one he got.  We both needed it.

Wow... this is long and your eyeballs are burning up I'm sure from the riveting words...  pardon me.

3 comments:

  1. I just saw Karen at Eliz!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those smiles on your girlie's faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that teenager too! Seems hard to believe that I babysat her not so long ago! I thought they were pretty great then....the feeling hasen't changed!

    ReplyDelete