Friday, July 1, 2011

Dog-gone Hot

This my friends is the view from here.  Does my face look bored beyond belief?  Does this face look frustrated with the heat that just makes me miserable?  Does this face look mildly irritated with the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway?  The answer is yes.  

I'm hot.  And to a lot of you out there, I'm just a dog.  And who cares if dogs are hot.  They should just lay out in some deep grass and be thankful for some kibble at night and a bit cooler temperatures.  But you fail to remember that I'm something special.  I'm a pedigree with papers and it'll prove to you that I'm more than just your typical alley mutt (although the Big Lady sometimes fails to show proper reverence to me).  I need my luxuries and comforts and pampering.  

After enduring a few hot days, the Big Lady finally walked over to that box on the wall and hurried around shutting windows and then finally.  FINALLY it got cool.  She seems all smug in herself after working in the yard and goes in for some iced tea or a popsicle and what does she do?  Slams the door in my face on her way in.  Imagine!  So I run around to the back.  I start with very sad eyes.  Then I pant a bit.  Then I do a soft whimper.  If none of those work within about nine seconds, I tap on the window.  Nothing annoying mind you.  Just a soft "tap-tap".  I think Big Lady kinda forgets that she just slammed the door in my face because usually she says something and one of those smaller people open the door and in I scurry!  Ahhhh.   

I can't wait for November.  Or December.  Or better yet, January when it gets really cold.  That's livin' for me.  But until then... I'll lay here.  Bored beyond belief.  Waiting for a walk once it is cooler.  Waiting for someone to spray me with the hose.  Or lay here.  Waiting for winter....

1 comment:

  1. Lisi, you poor thing, we have 2 here that are just as miserable, no papers granted!! They just may learn to spell as we dare not say 'lake' in earshot of those 2, but always say 'l-a-k-e' unless we are really gonna take 'em! Its pantin' hot here too!

    ReplyDelete