Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday's thoughts...

I took a nap today.  I think I may have looked a bit like the pooch above.  Or not.  But it was wonderful.  And as usual, very short.  But!  I didn't hear the pitter-patter of little   growing middle-sized feet.  In fact, not a creature was stirring.  And it was lovely.

I was tired.  You see this week has flown by.  Camping aftermath on Monday.  Not to mention the need to clean the house from stem to stern.  Why you ask?  Because it was driving me bananas to see disarray here and there. I'd make the Flylady proud let me tell you.  The kids may say I was "flying" on my broom, but anyway, it is all done.  Don't let them fool you though.  Tuesday was nothing but neurotic fun from noon until nighttime.  So there!

Son #1 finished up his baseball season Tuesday evening.  It was a very hard-fought win.  It involved one of our players being driven off the playing field to the hospital.  And some very vocal yells to the opposition where I nearly wanted to clap my hands over my parents' ears.  But it was a win.  And the season is over.  Until next year.



watching the game

Lisi visiting her friends

End of year rah-rah!

Zucchini season is here!  I still can't figure out why so many plant them.  It seems that one plant would feed about 50 people.  So you do the math...  Want some?

A couple of the MYP turned the table on me yesterday.  We were in a store.  A song was on the speaker system that I not only recognized, but liked.  I started to hum.  Then broke out into (I thought) quiet song.  "Mom, please stop.  You're embarrassing us."  I intended to stop.  But immediately one daughter said to the other daughter quite loud, "We need to go find our mom!"  And off they went... "MOM?  MOM?"  Leaving me standing there with a note caught in my throat.

I had no intention of posting anything today.  But I saw that there were still some lurkers lurking even though it isn't time to muse, so thought I'd throw some bait out there to the biters.

Well the bread is rising out of the big bowl, so I must find some pans to put it in... happy rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that made me laugh! Daughters do that, I remember. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. I finally figured out how to make my computer let me comment on your blog again. ;) I'm just gonna use that as an excuse as to why I haven't been commenting. That is all. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha--again!! it made me laugh out loud! I do understand what you mean about "acquaintances" reading your blog-etc. I totally feel that way and I don't even have a dog to write stories on my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. teehee- your daughters made me laugh!
    I love zucchini... can't figure out why not everyone does! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that picture!! I have to say, you're a good author!

    ReplyDelete