Sunday, July 31, 2011

Big Foot

It happened again.  And I'm just plain tired of it.  Comments about the shape of my body.  No, this isn't the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway.  This is Lisi.  I'm not sure if she is tired about comments about her body.  The only thing I hear her talk about is gray hair.  But I don't know what that is.  I'm bothered.  And it's time I had my say.

Yesterday, the Big Lady took me out on our usual walk.  We were on the bike path.  I was sniffing intently where another dog had left a smell that I dearly love to sniff.  Up bikes another lady that looked real nice.  Behind her in a cute little wagon were two little things that smelled like animal crackers.  The lady looks at me and then turns to the kids and says, 'kids, look at the puppy!  That dog is going to be real big!'.  I turn around.  Where?  Where's the puppy???  I like puppies -  just like you people like babies.  But there was no puppy.  She was talking about me!  Big Lady stood up for me for once and said, 'she's no puppy.... she's three years old'.  Then the other lady said it.  The thing I'm so sick of hearing.  'Look at her feet!  They are huge!!!'.  Big Lady says the obvious.  'She came with big paws and still has them'.  Well thank you Big Lady.  Thank you for pointing out the fact that my feet are not as delicate as some.

Now why do you people do this?  I'm sure some of you ladies out there have size nines or greater.  Do people come up to you and ask just how big you're going to get because your feet are big?  I think not.  We dogs face a lot of persecution.  Even prejudice.  Because of big feet.  Well I'm here to tell you I'm tired of it.  I'm full-grown. I have big feet.  And I'm beautiful.  At least in Big Lady's eyes.  She tells me that when no one else is around.  So there.

Kinda classy feet don't you think?

Don't these kicks look like a models?
Ok.  I'm not angry anymore.  Helps to get things off your chest... or paws.

3 comments:

  1. that's the funniest thing ever! People always comment on our "10 year old puppies paws". Bink is an amazing dog swimmer though! I'm sure Lisi is as well with those big ole' paws :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie- just be glad they talk about your feet and NOT your weight.
    That's all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. be glad its your feet and not your nose......

    ReplyDelete