Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Musings

Looks like Lisi posted before me this time.  Oh well..  Some day, I'm going to have to inform her that I'm in charge of this blog and not her.  She's bossy like that.  

We had company!  From far away.  This family's line-up of kids nearly mirrors ours exactly.  The mother of this tribe is someone I've known since I've moved to the dairyland, but didn't know her.... if you know what I mean.  But she left feeling like an old friend.  I hope she feels the same!  The goof-ball at the top-center isn't part of either family, but was here too.  And he feels like a part of our family.  If you know what I mean.
taken with threats given

how they really wanted to be

nice family (dad was out flying the friendly skies)
Summer school has started!  And I'm alone for three hours each morning for the next two weeks.  You see our school likes to do this thing to get the kids 'jump started' into the next school year.  As I watched all the other mothers driving their little cherubs to school this morning, I was wondering if they were doing it for free babysitting or if they truly were concerned about the educational welfare of their children.  I might admit it is a touch of both for me.

Some other friends of ours just welcomed a little 5-year old boy into their family today on the other side of the world.  Thanks to the gift of technology, they posted pictures of them meeting the little fellow.  And once again, my heart swelled with utter joy seeing the magic of adoption happening.

The school supplies are all bought.  The registration for this coming year is tomorrow.  But I'm not wishing away summer.  We still have exactly one month to soak up some very humid sun.  We still have a few places to go.   And we still have some zucchini to pick.

I'm running out of words.  Amazing isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I recognized the blondie at the bottom right away! I spent a couple weeks with that family before that little blondie was in the picture... and loved every minute! Glad you had some time together!

    ReplyDelete