Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Musings

Well I'm not alone again.  In fact, the MYP are actually getting along.  I'll keep you posted if a fracas brakes out while I'm still trying to do a blog entry.  The musings don't appear to be very interesting today.  In fact, not sure what's worth musing or not.

Everyone likes to hear about saving money though, right?  Well after talking to a school-friend's dad, and making some connections with Mr. Helpful Insurance Guy, we basically saved $200/month on our health insurance.  Don't get too excited.  It still is a lot of nickels.  It still covers only major, major stuff.  But when you are self-insured, this is a big deal.

The other day, we went to a local air show.  "Tony" was the wing walker.  He wowed the crowd.  But in my humble opinion, he's just plain nuts.  I wonder what kind of son that would be to raise?  This picture isn't mine.  But it is the very same guy.  Nuts I say.
Got our campsite booked for 11 months from now!  Yes, it's a big deal since the sites disappear before your eyes on a map when you are booking it the very minute it is up for booking.  Glad that's done for another year.

This time of year is splendid for BLT's.  If you are from our fine state, you probably know about Nueske bacon.  If you don't, Google it.  It is The Best Bacon Ever.  And I don't say that because I personally know people with the last name of Nueske.  It is.  And it is worth every penny.  Top that Best Bacon Ever with homegrown tomatoes picked 5 minutes before they are lying on your sandwich.  A big leaf of crispy lettuce or spinach or whatever other form of crunchy goodness you choose.  A slather of low-fat mayo (never, EVER Miracle Whip (gross in my eyes) on homemade whole wheat toast.  And YUM.  Hungry yet?

I miss everyone.  No, not everyone.  But we haven't had g.m.'s here for three weeks and there's some faces there that I'd like to see again before too long.  The funny thing, they aren't people that I was thinking that I would miss.  They are not from my age-group or stage in life.  And in some ways, I'm glad I miss them, because it means they mean something to me.

Tomorrow if all goes as planned, there will be six kids here that I'll be responsible for.  The ages will be 6, 9, 9, 11, 12, and 12.  Will it be fun?  For sure.  Will it be crazy?  At times.  Will it be neurotic?  Possibly.  Will I still like them when the day is done.  Absolutely.  

Update:  Child #2 and #3 are pushing the buttons on each other.  Child #1 is trying to referee with little success.  Time to blow the whistle...  


3 comments:

  1. I think I heard the blowing whistle from here!! ;-) Yes...now I am starving, drooling on the keyboard, and am going to have to have lunch sooner then planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the joys of button pushing. what makes us do that to each other, anyway? i'm always an easy and fun button to push. not fun for me, but evidently for everyone else? we've been loving our blts, too. i tried something new... turkey bacon. someone told me it was awful. but cooked the way i cook bacon... to a crisp... i can't tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have tomatoes..now if someone would please pass the bacon....

    ReplyDelete