Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Musings

Well to be honest, I never did put on a bikini top and sarong and dance on the beach (if you're wildly confused, see previous post).  In fact, I was dreadfully boring during my alone-time.  Lisi doesn't think so though.  She got a lot of walks.  I worked in the yard with her at my feet all the time.  And we went shopping.

I realized while they were gone that this point in my life revolves completely around my family.  The phone rang more than several times.  With the exception of the dentist calling to remind me about some back-to-school appointments, the calls were all for the... kids!  Not sure this is completely healthy, but I do have a hobby, right? Don't I blog once in awhile?  And I love my family.

Have you noticed that this year that there are a lot more butterflies that flutter by?  I've seen a very varied lot of them in many colors.  Pretty!

As I kid I never 'got' the comment when people would say that they 'love to eat'.  I thought food was simply to keep our bodies alive until we felt empty again.  But now I love to eat.  Especially at this time of the year.  Fresh everything.  Yum.  Yesterday, we were at the home of our native Indian friends.  We delighted in all their yummy dishes.  Driving home, son #1 said, "I think that is the best meal ever".  Kinda neat when you have an 11-year old kid that loves curry and all that goes with it.

We need a new window treatment in our master bedroom.  You see the icky vinyl shade the previous owners put up as a temporary fix decided that enough was enough and it will not roll up.  At all.  But the Chairman would like something that doesn't 'rattle' when the windows are open.  I am strongly considering a Roman shade because the Chairman is Italian.  Or not.  But they do seem to have all soft sides going for them.  The window is huge - 69 wide by 68 tall.  So my choices are limited.  Any suggestions will be seriously considered.  I think.

This weekend on one of the adventures I had alone with the dog, we saw a lady with an ankle bracelet!  No, I'm talking about the gold chain that is enhancing a little butterfly tattoo on her leg.  Apparently, this lady made some bad choices at some point.  Strapped to her ankle was a monitoring bracelet.  It looked kinda big and serious and very, very embarrassing.  The ironic thing was she was coming out of a liquor store.  Hmmm.  Maybe if she'd stay off the booze, she'd make better choices.  But I've not walked in her bracelet flip-flops.

And this week we saw pictures.  Not any pictures mind you.  Pictures of a tiny baby.  Pictures of adoring and very exhausted parents.  And pictures of a "big" sister looking down at this tiny new baby brother.  Adoption is just beautiful.  We know.

We're going fishing today.  With some extra boys.  And each and every time we've gone to this fishing spot, something dramatic happens like a snapped line.  Broken pole.  Or an injury.  I can't wait...

3 comments:

  1. Ummmmm....just wandering were you going in the "store" or coming out when you met this adorned woman. Just wondering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun fishing. Craig and a friend took the boys this weekend. I didn't go - I have nothing to offer. Ha. Your ankle bracelet story cracked me up. Too funny. I'm assuming everyone's home and all is well again. ;)

    ReplyDelete