Friday, August 19, 2011

Lonely... or not

If just but for 24+ hours.  For the first time ever in our parenting lives, the Chairman and the children left.  They are off on a fun water-filled adventure.  Because of the sleeping accommodations and the traveling companions, it made sense (to me anyway!) for me to stay back.  Saved booking another room.

So I have 24 hours completely alone (unless you count the four-legged furry friend that shadows me each day).  What to do.  What to do.  What to do.  Or what not to do.  I will not raise my voice.  I won't be settling any blood-inducing disagreements.  I will not cook a four-item supper.  I will not mop the floor one more time today.

But I will nap.  I will eat just what I want.  I will play my Words with Friends with friends.  And I will read.  A lot.  But first I will nap.  And then I'll try to come up with something else not to do.

Then they will come home.  And their tired little faces will be beautiful.  The Chairman will be extra-charming.  And I'll be refreshed and happy and thankful for the noise and the mess and the food consumed.  Because they are my family and I love them.

But first...


1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! Live it up!
    I love "just me" time when everyone goes and leaves me home.
    Of course I love it when they come back too :)

    ReplyDelete