Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Musings

Well one of the MYP just came downstairs.  Still wearing her Sunday morning convention best.  I asked, 'did you sleep in that?'  Well yes!  I shouldn't have been so tired when I tucked her in.

You always hear people say, 'it was the best one ever'.  And I will echo that sentiment.  For us personally, it was the best one ever.

I overheard someone call the oatmeal "porridge".  I was looking for the three bears, but didn't see them.

I think people south of the border talk with a southern accent.  Or maybe ours in dairyland is noticeable?  I dunno.  But I could hear a distinct difference.

There were a few little kids that I saw there that were painfully cute.  If someone would have asked me if I wanted one, I would have taken them up on it.  Lots of examples of excellent parents.  And lots and lots and lots of young people that are just lovely.

I had a visit with an old friend.  And yes, she's old.  Well maybe not as old as me by a few months.  What amazes me about this old friend is that it is as if time is never in the way.  We go a few years without seeing each other.  She's in a different spot in life - about to be a grandmother.  I'm dealing with elementary/middle school.  But she's still her.  I'm still me.  And hopefully, we might some day share a mattress in the old lady's quarters.

During the convention, I heard via a voice mail some of the best news possible that involved some very young children.  It looked like an impossible situation.  But it wasn't.  What a joy.

A search on the feed was for "All Chairman IT companies" came in from Mumbai, India.  I know they are pretty smart over there, so hope I helped them.

Lisi had another enjoyable stay with her new kennel people.  The kennel lady even brought her right back to our house when we returned.  How good is that!  And better still, she said Lisi was a 'gem' and did 'absolutely nothing wrong'.  Well of course, didn't I tell you that already?

Well I must traverse over Mt. P.U. with the help of a "Tide", so better get on my hiking boots and get going.

3 comments:

  1. A very enjoyable read again on this lovely Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad for you! sorry about the huge mt. afterwards..but, i'm sure you surmounted it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the folks in Dairyland DO SOUND DIFFERENT.... poor Joseph is a bit mixed up from being around me but I don't sound much from the south any more

    ReplyDelete