Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Musings

Woke up a touch before 5, and my mind is whirling, so might as well put a few thoughts down before I start the day.

Looks like we live in a terrarium.  The windows are fogged up and it is already steamy out there.  Am sure you're all interested to know that yes, the a/c is running.  We may be a bit cRaZy, but we're not dumb.  Maybe.  But I'm not complaining about the heat.  No sirreee.  We've waited a long time for this.

One thing I struggle with is meeting someone that is a mere acquaintance and knowing full well they are blog readers.  It makes me queasy.  Why you say?  Well, because I'm not that exciting.  I'm not really all that funny.  I can almost tend to be shy with 'strangers'.  And our family is very ordinary.  Sometimes I worry the words make us seem more than we really are.  There's another someone that is just so very anxious to meet Lisi.  Why you ask?  Because she writes stories.  pssst.  She doesn't write the stories... 


The other night lying on a dark bed of one of the MYP here... she asks, 'Mom?  when is the economy going to get better?'.  Kind of a deep question when you just turned nine.  Listen little lovely, we don't know these things.

A year ago on this very day (not date), we ended up in the ER with ten stitches on one little chin.  Hoping everyone stays off the in-line skates today.

Was feeling all lovey-dovey this week driving alone with one of the MYP.  They smiled at me.  I returned the smile.  Just the two of us going down the road enjoying each other's company.  But then the smile turned impish. And then the hand started to wiggle the lower part of my upper arm (if that makes any sense).  My 40-something arm was jiggling.  They wiggled and jiggled all the while snickering.  I finally get peeved and say, 'Stop it!'.  And I hear a murmur... 'lunch lady arms'.  **sigh**

On a wildlife note:  one baby robin made it out of the three that died.  I'm thinking it's going to be a spoiled one with dad and mom poking him full of worms.  And... the bunny last night got away.  Daughter #1 was nearly in tears of fright and worry for the little fuzz ball.  But this one was a bit smarter it seems...

If you live close by or know me personally, you'd know that today will be a very, very busy day.  So I better go get something done...

5 comments:

  1. If you are ordinary with an ordinary life...I think its safe to say you are genuine in your place. Lunch lady arms......hmmmmmmmmmmmm....I have a child or two that puts me into perspective too....don't cha just want to reach over and smack'em one??? Instead I laugh out loud and quietly realize I am my mother after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **snicker, snort** Don't you just love kids??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy ordinary people...about the shy...me too. Hope when we meet we can talk. ;-) Sometimes I feel like my words come out better on my blog, then when I talk. Maybe that is why I blog.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least he or she didn't say "holy bat-flaps, grandma!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lunch Lady arms! I'm still trying to stop laughing! It's so funny now....but my day is coming!

    ReplyDelete