Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday Musings

Oh wait, it's Tuesday.  But it feels like Monday.  And I am not clever enough to figure out some witty Tuesday title.

I saw this cartoon last week in the paper.  Then about an hour later I happened to venture to the nearest Wal-Mart to pick up a couple notebooks I missed on the school supplies list.  And I saw a lady in there that was very, very super-smart.  Goodness gracious.  I won't say more.
I just feel so happy.  Maybe it's the vitamin D I take daily.  But I'm not dreading fall/winter like I used to.  Think I'm finally going to enjoy all the seasons.  But don't ask me some dark day in February.

I'm happy we had a great past weekend.  I'm happy we saw people we love on Saturday working hard to make a place ready for very special days ahead.  I'm happy for Sunday and for all that brings.  I'm happy for a Labor Day in which I labored not.  We enjoyed a day with a niece that used to be a wispy little thing with white-blonde hair that now invites us to her and her wonderful husband's cozy farmstead for fun and family time.  I'm happy that we had a cook-out over open flames.  I'm happy we got to walk to the river.  I'm happy Lisi got to experience doggy-nirvana with her favorite golden-friend on a sandbar on the Wisconsin river.  I'm happy we got daughter #1 back from her venture to another state.  I missed her.  And for some reason after only a couple days, she looks taller and older.

I'm happy my wheat grinder is on its way!  I finally broke down and just payed the piper.  A good deal on-line and fresh whole wheat bread will be soon rising in the oven.  I'm happy for many bags of pesticide wheat is in the basement ready to be broken down into flour.  Goodness.  I sound like a granola cruncher.  Well, maybe I am since a couple pans are cooling on the island as I type.

I'm happy for more tomatoes than we can consume.  And I'm happy the MYP willingly shared them with neighbors.

Maybe this is enough happiness.  I'm not happy about the mound of clothes that are begging to be tossed into the washer.  But I am happy for the people that wear them!

There is one thing I'm not happy about.  It is the fact that I didn't use my camera all weekend.  And there are pictures I'd love to have beyond in my memory.

Is it really Tuesday?

4 comments:

  1. Vitamin D makes me a VERY happy person too. I have forgotten my vitamins today, but strangly after reading this post...I feel happy even without them. :-) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Tuesday! Vit. D or not, your blog posts always make me smile! I'm still chuckling over the comic & your sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very super smart, huh? This cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I was pretty happy to hear about your daughter a few weeks ago! ;) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete