Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pioneer Woman

A lifetime Many years ago, I sat at a cubicle in an ivory tower in downtown Minneapolis.  I had a job that I considered good.  I had made it.  Was utilizing my college education and having fun doing what I did.  If you would have told me in those days when I was walking around in a navy suit attending to important business that I would some day have a day like today was, I wouldn't have believed you.  Even for a minute.

Today I was a pioneer woman.  No, not that Pioneer Woman.  I'm not nearly as creative.  Not nearly so talented.  And not nearly so good with a camera.  But a pioneer woman is what I feel like.  Why you ask?  (Glad you asked!)

Well first, my wheat mill came in.  Not just any wheat mill.  I'm talking about the L'Equip NutriMill.  Sounds pretty fancy, eh?  Well it is.  I read the instructions completely.  Watched a You Tube video telling about its features.  Got down to business and voila!  (or VIOLA as daughter #3 has been saying lately)...
Fresh-ground, whole wheat bread that's light as a feather!

Well just making bread a pioneer woman doesn't make.  How about making sure our home is cozy this winter!  That only can come about by an assortment of phone calls to find the best deal on the best woodpile. And so it was handily delivered early this morning and (sticking with the same theme here)... voila!

My #1 assistant wasn't so handy with assisting in the stacking.  In fact, most of  the time she was doing this.
At least she's cute when she's doing it.

Now off to other tasks to attend.  Like plucking tomatoes off of weighed-down vines.  And taking a walk.  With my assistant.  That wasn't so assisting...

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd like you to be my mother. Pass the bread, please. I'll eat a BLT made with those tomatos you plucked just now in front of a cozy fire with your cute assistant curled up at my feet. Sounds like a most satisfying day you've had already. Voila! But I prefer "Viola!". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ambitious, lady! I've read the word "viola!" for eons but just in the last year actually connected the spelling with the pronunciation. :)

    ReplyDelete