Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Words

Everything seems so frivolous in light of yesterday.  I got up a couple hours before the sun did and had an incredible privilege of witnessing and feeling moved by the words - spoken and unspoken for the life of the dear lady I mentioned in the last post.  I left with a feeling of thankfulness.  For her life.  For her children.  And for the influence that will remain.  But I was saddened by the fact that I never got to really know her.  In a way though, it doesn't matter.  Because I do feel like I know her.  She was simply another 'mother'.

Last night I was exhausted.  Probably both mentally and physically.  Daughter #2 decided it would be very proper to reverse roles.  So she marched me into our bedroom.  Barked orders for me to get on my pj's, wash my face, brush my teeth, and then tucked me into bed with a story.  I begged for two.  She finally wagged her finger and me and said it was enough.  A soft kiss on the cheek.  Then as she was leaving she said quietly, 'don't forget to pray'.  And so I heard myself.  I felt like she did.  Some of the words seemed almost too strong.  Some of the words seemed just right.  And some of the words seemed like just what I needed to feel cozy and loved.  It was a wonderful idea she had.  I hope she tucks me in again sometime!

This morning I took an early-morning walk.  The birds were chirping happily.  The rain-drenched ditches and the abundance of worms on the road gave the air an aura of... spring!  Until I saw the burning bush, the start of color on the trees, and the little cute scarecrows in the window boxes.  Oh well... only six more months.

I just got all the bills paid again.  Well actually, the computer does it all for me.  But I have to check to be sure they really are doing their job.  And to check to make sure the right money is in the right account to pay the bills.  It is one of my least-favorite jobs.  You see I like to save.  So even with the necessities of life, it all seems like a lot of money heading out the door.  Even with the best intentions, life isn't cheap.

Lisi is getting all 'peaches n cream' smelling today.  Her quarterly bath and toenail trim.  She usually comes home and wants to go find something dead to roll in.  So we'll have to be vigilant on our afternoon walk so she doesn't end up smelling like dead mouse after we spent $45.

This is enough.  And maybe even beyond that.  But I missed musing on Monday....

1 comment:

  1. This was sweet! Sounds like you are doing a great job ;)

    ReplyDelete